oneBoro Forum

Ive started again I bought Andile Jali for 350k again I back in the p.l currently at 11th position and Andile Jali is worth 6 million had an offer off juventus for 20 million rejected counter offerd him to them for 23 they accepted but I aint selling him till hes 24 when his stats has peaked .

Im sure when he is 24 he will be worth 15-18 and have massive "record setting sale value".

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Jali is great in the championship. Bresson is my personal favourite though. He was easily my best player in my championship year, only cost 1mil, spread over 48 months and is a premiership midfielder from the off.

When you get promoted, the best thing to do is to look at the teams who got relegated. Blackburn and swansea are the best, as Scott Sinclair, Hoilett, Dann and Olsson are all top 4 quality, and the keepers for most prem teams are better than steele.

Time for a little update from my side as well.

During Christmas times I had some spare time and quickly went through a busy first season in the Prem on my Boro save.(Squad seacond season) Had to enter the transfer-market in January, where I bought Christian Eriksen, for 21,5M from Ajax, and Etienne Capoue 8M'ish from Toulouse to strength a weak midfield. Finished 6th on level points with ***nal (75p), with Man City winning the league with 10 points more than me. Lost the FA-Cup final against ***nal 1 - 0, but beat them 2 - 1 in the Euro Cup final. Could easily have ended higher on the PL table, but because of competing until the end in both the FA and Euro-cup I had to prioritize a bit in the end, mostly because of dozens of injuries/suspensions etc.

Just finished all the 7 preseason matches in my third year in charge now, pretty much sold all the players I've had last season and replaced with some quality players I fancy. This is the squad I've got now:

//In a 4-5-1 (4-1-2-2-1) formation\\

GK: - Marc-Andre ter Stegen (9M from Gladbach)

- Simon Mignolet

- Jack Butland

LB: - Gabriel Silva (7M from Metalist)

- Antonio Luna

RB: - Sebastien Corchia (16,5M from FC Sochaux)

- Romario (4M from Real Madrid)

CB:

- Ezequiel Munoz (9,5M from Palermo)

- Kyriakos Papadopoulos (22,5M from Schalke)

- Ryan Shawcross (11M from Stoke)

- Brede Hangeland

- Marc Muniesa (Free from Barcelona)

DM: - Etienne Capoue

- Miguel Veloso (8,5M from Genoa)

CM: - Jack Rodwell (12M from Everton)

- Jack Collison (10M from Aston Villa)

- Henri Landsbury

AM: - Christian Eriksen

- Thiago (10M from Barcelona)

RW: - Xherdan Shaqiri (7M from Basel)

- Marc Albrighton

LW: - Scott Sinclair

- Nicloai Jørgensen (2,7M from Bayern Leverkusen)

SP: - Marouane Chamakh (5,75M from ***nal)

- Shane Long

- Daniel Sturridge (Free transfer)

Not 100% satisfied with the squad though, as I weren't able to get hold of a top quality striker, and ideally I would be having João Moutinho instead of Rodwell/Landsbury. I were also trying to get Rafael Toloi as a partner to Papadopoulos, but Birmingham snapped him up.

In total I used 143M on ins, including a couple of great youngsters, and sold players for 90M. And still had like 70M left to spend if I needed to, but ended up saving until January.

Guessing this squad is more than capable of handling most teams, the aim in the third season is to finish in the top 4 in the PL, and at least get too the quarter final in the Euro-cup.

How the Fook have you got 70 million left to spend in your 3rd season also romario can be bought in your 1st season for 1.5 mil from vitoli Brazil forget the spelling

Yeah, I noticed that he could be bought earlier, but he didn't get a work permit(?) the first few times I tried to sign him.

As mentioned earlier I'm still a big fan of overusing the monthly installments as payment. And for the record, I'm not using NOK, but British Pounds :rolleyes:

Just started a game as Boro.

Got a few players in on loan to start with to strengthen my squad options;

Velios - Everton (STR)

Duffy - Everton (DC)

Frimpong - ***nal (DM/MC)

Fleck - Rangers (AMC/FC)

Also captured Zuiverloon (1.4m) as a better option to Hoyte/McMahon at Right Back.

And Vrsic, a 26yr old AMC/MC (200k)

Playing a narrow 4-4-2 with no wingers but a DM and AMC (Fleck).

Played 3 Championship games so far: Bristol City (a) 1-1, Peterborough (h) 1-1, Doncaster Rovers (a) 3-1 win

Through to 3rd Round of League Cup having dispatched Shrewsbury 1-0, and Bury 2-0. Home draw against Preston in next round should be very winnable too....

Restarted as Boro on this the other day. Went my first 16 games unbeaten, with an 11 match winning streak in there got to 44 points. Then I haven't won in 10, still 2nd though. Such inconsistency.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Is anyone still playing, or just waiting for '13?

I'm currently playing with Queens Park from Scotland. It's a tough challenge as they stay amateur regardless of your economy/promotion/reputation - So you're basicly restricted when it comes to transfers, and you can't do fkall when zeh enemies are comin for ya lads.

Anyway, it's still a nice challenge and I encourage you all to take part!

I'm about to enter my 4th season. Promoted from 3rd division in my 2nd season, promoted from 2nd division the season after from play-offs, and now I'm totally doomed in 1st division.

oh well

I'm still kinda playing on and off.

The game I'm still playing is the post Jan patch traditional Boro game. Got them promoted first season, Europa league 2nd season, champions league the 3rd season and I've won 4 back to back premierships since. This included my first ever unbeaten season in a football manager game, where I had over 100 goal difference and only drew 3 games. Was good fun, but a bit too easy.

i'm spending alot of time on this atm, into my 4/5th season with boro, got promoted first season (2cnd place), second season was a relegation fight but with a few sound signings at the back i managed to survive, i then focused on the attacking aspect,(also found a good tactic i'd reccomend on the web, called ross wonder tactic, google it) and pushed on and got a respectable 8th place. season after i finished 5th, just losing out on champs spot. fourth season, which i just finished about 20 minutes ago, was poor in the league after a poor start due to having litrally no recognised wingers or strikers thorugh injury to them all for 8 weeks, but once they came back i surged up from about 15th to finish a very poor 9th, even though the mininum expectation was champs league quali i kept my job by winning both the FA cup and the Euro Cup.

now i'm about to enter the transfer window for a CM, one that can mainly attack well but isn't hopeless at getting back