oneBoro Forum

Predictions League Week 11 (Fixtures for Saturday 5th November 2011)

Oslo - Welshy cut and paste an email from Gully on oneboro... was nice to read, have a look! its either on this article or the results thread for the last round.

Welshy - I have been in Italy for a while so I havent been on here much, just seen your message about the PL Cup, can you let me know how many rounds you would like it to take place over, and if you have any weeks/rounds in mind... Il then fit it all around that. Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again everyone!

Another week, another set of predictions.

Don't know whether anyone else went to the Doncaster match last night, but it was a very enjoyable experience and i thought that Billy Sharp deserved to score the fantastic goal that he did.

Anyway, on with the predictions:

Blackpool v Millwall - H

Bristol City v Burnley - A

Cardiff v Crystal Palace - H

Coventry v Southampton - A

Hull v West Ham - A

Ipswich v Doncaster - H

Peterborough v Derby - H

Portsmouth v Nott'm Forest - A

Middlesbrough v Watford - H (Robson)

Port Vale v Swindon - A

Blackpool v Millwall - HOME

Bristol City v Burnley - DRAW

Cardiff v Crystal Palace - HOME

Coventry v Southampton - AWAY

Hull v West Ham - DRAW

Ipswich v Doncaster - HOME

Peterborough v Derby - AWAY

Portsmouth v Nott'm Forest - DRAW

Middlesbrough v Watford - HOME (McDONALD)

Port Vale v Swindon - DRAW

Oslo - Welshy cut and paste an email from Gully on oneboro... was nice to read, have a look! its either on this article or the results thread for the last round.

Welshy - I have been in Italy for a while so I havent been on here much, just seen your message about the PL Cup, can you let me know how many rounds you would like it to take place over, and if you have any weeks/rounds in mind... Il then fit it all around that. Thanks.

Found it! Thanks for the lead, Alex. The Shetlands, eh? Blimey, that's almost Norway!

Blackpool v Millwall - HOME

Bristol City v Burnley - DRAW

Cardiff v Crystal Palace - HOME

Coventry v Southampton - AWAY

Hull v West Ham - DRAW

Ipswich v Doncaster - HOME

Peterborough v Derby - AWAY

Portsmouth v Nott'm Forest - HOME

Middlesbrough v Watford - HOME Emnes

Port Vale v Swindon - AWAY

Let battle commence in the Texaco League, Boro-unger! ;)

Congrats on going top (me down to 3rd). I've just made 5 transfers to freshen up what has been a poor couple of weeks for my team.

Blackpool v Millwall - Home

Bristol City v Burnley - Draw

Cardiff v Crystal Palace - Home

Coventry v Southampton - Away

Hull v West Ham - Home

Ipswich v Doncaster - Home

Peterborough v Derby - Away

Portsmouth v Nott'm Forest - Draw

Middlesbrough v Watford - Home (Macdonald)

Port Vale v Swindon Draw

Blackpool v Millwall - Home

Bristol City v Burnley - Home

Cardiff v Crystal Palace - Draw

Coventry v Southampton - Away

Hull v West Ham - Away

Ipswich v Doncaster - Home

Peterborough v Derby - Away

Portsmouth v Nott'm Forest - Draw

Middlesbrough v Watford - Home (Emnes)

Port Vale v Swindon - Away

Well, I tried my best to get Paphos back to the PL but it doesn't look as if he's interested. Here's what he had to say:

"Who knows one day I might be in the mood to have another go in the predictions league, but right now I am just happy following the Boro on the Boro + website on matchdays.

You can say hello to the others on my behalf if you wish mate."

Consider it said.

Cheers, Oslo. Good to hear from Paphos, and should he ever wish to return then the door is always open :)

Okay, so I've had a tinker with the fixture dates for the matchplay Divisions. Now I'm leaving the option open for 24 in each Division, and leaving 6 fixture dates aside for the PL Cup which Alex will be running. If you don't need them all Alex, then do let me know.

6 fixture dates for the PL Cup would allow for a knockout if this is Alex's wish.

I.e. Prelimenary Round, Round of 32, Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final.

This amount of fixture dates will then cover Alex regardless of if the Cup is a knockout or of another nature.

Saturday 3rd December - Round 1

Saturday 10th December - Round 2

Saturday 17th December - Round 3

Monday 26th December - Round 4 & Round 5 (Boxing Day Special - Premier League & Championship Fixtures)

Saturday 31st December - Round 6

Monday 2nd January - Round 7

Saturday 7th January - Round 8 & Round 9 (FA Cup 3rd Round Special)

Saturday 14th January - PL Cup

Saturday 21st January - Round 10

Saturday 28th January - Round 11

Saturday 4th February - PL Cup

Saturday 11th February - Round 12

Saturday 18th February - Round 13

Saturday 25th February - PL Cup

Saturday 3rd March - Round 14

Saturday 10th March - Round 15

Saturday 17th March - PL Cup

Saturday 24th March - Round 16

Saturday 31st March - Round 17

Saturday 7th April - Round 18

Monday 9th April - Round 19

Saturday 14th April - PL Cup

Saturday 21st April - Round 20

Saturday 28th April - Round 21 & Round 22 (Double Header - Championship & League 1 Fixtures)

Saturday 5th May - PL Cup

Sunday 13th May - Round 23 (Premier League Fixtures)

Welshy, 6 weeks should be enough just may require a little bit of editing. Leave it with me and I will sort it out in early January based on your schedule which I have saved on my computer.

Can i just check, do you want this years PL cup done in a particualar way or would you rather it be left to me? I dont mind either way - I would be interested in trying something different from what we have had so far...

Hi Alex, well I can always add another Double Header Saturday if that would help you out especially if your ideal number of weeks is 7.

Also of course, I'm covering for 24 per league, so if we don't have that number it could free up weeks - however I suspect that we'll have 23/24 in at least one of the Divisions - so that could be a no go.

But yea double headers (for want of a better term) are cool - as I can dip into Premier League/League 1 fixtures. So do feel welcome to let me know if I can help in that aspect.

I'm very happy to let you have full charge of how the cup will run, and would you be okay to do fixtures/results as it will give me a breather. Although of course I will assist if you ever require any help.

The PL Cup can be your baby, Alex, and that's for as long as I organise the PL (which I hope will be for a good few years).

Im sure 6 is fine if it works best for the whole year but there is plenty of time to get it all sorted out as its a fair way off, leave it with me and consider those cup dates sorted. Think you will need a break from time to time, it certainly takes alot of time and effort!