oneBoro Forum

Predictions League - Week 12 Results

Andy ... I am all up for banter but when it is humorous and not childish.

My sentiments exactly Vector.

Unfortunately, some people just don't know the difference between good-natured banter and unpleasant, sarcastic, or even downright offensive comments.

As I've mentioned before, we had these problems on the old 606 and Andy's old website...which led to a certain user's expulsion from the PL.

Alex ... A quick question, how old are you? have you been bullied at school?

If you want to be childish then lets see how far it gets you.

I have wondered the same in the past VB.. I tend to stay away now - it really isn't worth the hassle!

Agreed. Aside from stupidly reacting to his comments in the reputation section, I've refrained from having anything to do with him. Still, its nice to see some of the longer-standing members have noted his behaviour too. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Andy, just to remind you. I don't comment on anything you have to say. I too draw the line at threatening emails and hacking into someones account. I have given you my views on this and I shant again.

Alex I have already told you numerous times that I didn't hack your account and as such that is slander! You may have heard that its a legal term! Hacking an account is an illegal offence!

You need to grow up and get a pair Alex!

Such a shame to see things go like this again, wish we could all get on. Trying really hard to make the Predictions League as good as I can, and don't want any conflict.

Hope things will settle down again.

Posted by thepassenger - Today 06:29 AM

You're doing a cracking job Welshy, don't less the mindless minority make you think anything less than that!

I would like to second what TP has said, this is why I was a watcher on 606 and not a poster, thought this had all died down. Keep up the good work Welshy, this prediction league is great fun if not a little frustrating:D:D:D

Welshy ... you are doing a great job on here and I know that everybody at Oneboro is enjoying the PL being on the forum.

I have suspended Alex's membership last night until Sat @ 9.08pm.His main contribution on the forum is on the PL as he rarely posts anything of worth on the main forum. Somebody mentioned the other day that they would like to see more banter on the PL section as you had that on the 606 forum, but may be some people dont want to because of what has gone on before?? (only my thoughts)

I am willing to set up a thread on the PL where members can chat,discussions etc etc but it will be moderated in the same way the rest of the forum is.

Cheers lads, in truth I'm covering other people at work, a bit tired/bit stressed and I logged on here to see that old chestnut again and thought what the .... is wrong with people.

As far as I was aware the Alex/Andy stuff was done and dusted, and an apology was given. When something has been apologised for it shouldn't be brought up again by either party.

It's a shame as the last thing I want to do is put off any newcomers or older ones for that. Chances are that the reason why Paphos and maybe others are not here is partly because of the attitudes etc, so that's why I ask once and only once (slight take on an Allo Allo phrase.. ;) ) that the bitter bitty back comments stop now or forget about the Predictions League - because you won't be in it. Full stop.

Please note: there is a difference between 'banter' and 'back chat/childish insults'.

Vb, I've decided that I am happy with the fixture/results articles, but cheers mate :)

It's working as it is so far, and I hope everyone is enjoying it (even if predictions can be very frustrating ;) ). Some comment and some just post predictions, and that works perfectly for me. If members would like a bit more banter then they can start it on the PL threads or pop on to the main forum. I'm just delighted that the newer members are so keen to participate - we've now 20 members from the original 606 PL and 32 who have joined up from oneboro between last season and this, and now that is utterly brilliant.

Please just enjoy participating in a friendly competition with a few prizes if you have yourself a good season :)

Such a shame to see things go like this again, wish we could all get on. Trying really hard to make the Predictions League as good as I can, and don't want any conflict.

Hope things will settle down again.

As others have said Welshy, you're not at fault here in any way whatsoever. You've done a sterling job, since taking over from Andy, running the PL.

As before, its just one individual going back to their old habits.

If the numerous messages praising your work haven't sunk in yet, maybe you need an extra tap on the noggin! ;)