oneBoro Forum

Predictions League - Week 14 (Results from Saturday 26th November 2011)

OMG I can't believe I made the cut...in the final week too!

I thought I'd blown it with another 4-point haul, but it looks like most predictors were caught out by some of the unusual results this week.

Absolutely chuffed to bits, but I think I might struggle to hold my own in such exalted company.

Congrats to Treknut, Barticus, Kayleigh and Fanatic. Superb performances by all of you.

Commiserations to Welshy. You were looking good for a place in the top flight for most of the time.

If i felt you were impartial Vector, there would be no need for them.

Anyway Welshy --> Keep up the hard work, I can well imagine with the league sizes it may take some time to get the league results up as well as the tables with a match play format, just dont overwork yourself, Im pretty sure plenty of people would be on hand to help if required.

And with regards to Stubbzy - good luck to him... it's good to see an interesting mix of new people and previous 606ers in the top flight. Some interesting names there too, I would like to see gladgareth do well and Im delighted Smogster and Chickenlunch made it - it's nice to have some 'characters'. Shame about you btw Welshy, seems a bit of an injustice doing all of it and missing out. You should have made a rule as with the world cup that the 'host' is guarenteed a place (In Dv1) ;)

Vector is impartial. He just recognises a troublemaker when he sees one. Don't exactly need to go to Specsavers where you're concerned. :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Cheers, Alex. Means a lot - I know that there are some for the accummulated league and some not so keen on it. The split format will remain next season, however, for a start we will start the season a couple of weeks earlier (remember the aborted start & consequent friendlies cost us at a least a couple of weeks) and thus the matchplay phase will start mid November rather than early December. I may try and spice things up a little next season, but that awaits. For now let the matchplay begin.

I'll also keep this professional start going for the remainder of the season.

I can see some strong rivalries in both Divisions.

Looking forward to the battle of the Admin/Moderators in Division 2 - Vb, TP, DownSouth and Starbuy.

Also hoping to get my own back on Armster after he beat me 5-1 in the 1st match before we aborted the original season, and hoping that Boro-unger will do a welsh coloured theme for when we play each other (maybe a Dragon?) ;)

As for Division 1, Chickenlunch v 2plus2, Alex v Andy, Smogster v Kier are fixtures I'll be keeping my eyes out for. But d'you know I'm going to wish young Stubbzy all the best also, and I think he's going to be looking forward to pitting himself against Alex :)

Cheers for the mention welshy Im so looking forward to my clash with alex the little purple cock :P after all he did slate me and say i wouldnt make division one!!! good job welshy

Great finish for you there, Neverbefore! :) and Workington I'm looking forward to our match buddy! :)

I'm on the case with the fixtures, will be up some point this afternoon lads & lasses. (spent the morning looking through hotel invoices & receipts from 2009 - such fun!).

Wow third place managed to keep hold of it through the skin of my teeth. Knew i'd done awful this week felt it inside of me.

A massive congratulations Treky-nut on winning top must of the season, so throughly deserved. Commisserations to Fanatic, but you should be proud of your achievement.

Also Welshy - you've done the predictions league very well and should be very proud of this. Really hope you'll keep running it for some time now.

Thanks, Kayleigh + well done to you & the 3 lads who finished top 4 *raise my glass to you*

I'm just pleased as punch that the PL is running nice and smoothly, and am sure that the matchplay phase will only add to what's already been this season.

The PL is your baby, Kayleigh + I will do you proud I promise! :)