oneBoro Forum

Atokous' Football Manager 2012 Story

Might as well show some of my regens off too then!

First off, say hello to Mariano Moreno. Beast doesnt even begin to descibe this Argentine centre back. 6ft4, 88kg. He excels at jumping, heading, strength, marking, tackling, positioning, teamwork and determination. And to top things off he's got a bit of a pace and very high passing, first touch and dribbling skills for a centre back. He cost 22mil to get in, but worth every penny as at 22 he is now worth 27 odd mil, and is probably the best CB of his generation.

MarianoMorenoOverview_Attributes.png

Secondly, this is Damian Toledo. Another Argentine defender, this time a full back, at 19 Toledo is already the best attacking right back in the world. He's a small fella at just 5ft8, but he more than makes up for it with his strengths which include: Dribbling, free kick taking, marking, tackling, technique, composure, work rate, fitness and stamina. He has had a phenomonal start to his short career, in four seasons he appeared 97 times for Boca, getting 4 goals and an incredible 36 assists in that time from full back. Even more astonishingly, he picked up 51 man of the match awards in that time as well as an average rating of 8.25. All of this earned him a move to my free spending European champs Napoli for a whopping 35 mil (worth every penny). 25 caps for Argentina at 19 is nothing to be scoffed at either. I've a feeling he'll be hitting over 200.

DaminToledoOverview_Attributes.png

And finally. The jewell in the crown. Homegrown, placed right into the Napoli youth system after my first season as manager as a 15 year old prodigy, please welcome Marco Pedroni. A real classic Italian attacking midfielder, in that he isnt blessed with a lot of pace or strength (although both are adequate for a 19 year old), his technical abilities are incredible. He excels at corners, crossing, first touch, free kicks, long shots, passing, penalties, technique, composure and off the ball. Apart from bravery and aggresion (who needs these as an attacking midfielder anyway?), all his other stats are mid teens at only 19 years of age. The only thing that has held him back so far is that he has James Rodriguez in his prime in the same position, but I feel this year could be the year that James's position is truely under threat.

MarcoPedroniOverview_Attributes.png

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought i'd show off the squad i have acquired simply because i can :p

-The players with * next to their names are players that have signed for boor but are yet to transfer due to various rules and regulations

-Click on the player names too see their profiles

GK: Bruno Sousa and Daniel Urwin

Bruno Sousa is my out and out number one who is simply one of if not the best keeper in the game. Daniel Urwin is a young homegrown player who has the potential to at least match Bruno Sousa if not be even better.

LD: Jack Robinson ©, Sébastien Germain and Benjamin Kisuya

Jack Robinson is my club captain and first choice left back. He's starting to get on a bit so he'll have one or two more seasons before being moved on. Sebastien Germain is a great talent and should develop into a great player. Kisuya is a good young player but Germain is going to be better (in my opinion) and i'd prefer to give him the game. I'll be looking to either use Kisuya as back up or look out for someone even younger than Germain to be his understudy.

CD: Jordan Farrell, Julio, Remy Van Nieuwenhuyze, Cristian Cois, Gökmen Akinci* and Vitor*

Jordan Farrell and Julio are my first choice pairing and are both world class and should be around for years to come. Van N is an incredible player and he and Akinci* will be my future pairing, i'm not sure what role Vitor* will play yet. Cois, as good a player and promising youngster as he is, is currently a squad filler until Vitor* and Akinci* transfer to boro, i'll be looking to move him on as soon as that happens.

RD: Romário, Jaume Gomilla and Grant Alexander

Romario is my first choice and a great player. I want to start playing Gomilla more but Romario is simply that good. Grant Alexander has bags of potential and will most likely become the best right back in the game.

DM: Jader, Kubilay Cömert, Brian Crook and Mário*

Jader is my star midfielder and starts in this position. However, i've been slightly short staffed in other midfield areas so i generally play him in the CM role and rotate Cömert and Crook. Both are going to be great players and i haven't decided which one i will keep and which one i will sell. Mário will probably unfortunatly be sold fairly quickly as when he was signed i didn't have Cömert and i don't think he has the potential to be as good as the other two youngsters.

CM: Filippo Benedetti, Alexandr Plotnikov* and Messias*

I somehow ended up with only one player in this position so panicked in the signing of Messias who really isn't going to be good enough. However, Plotnikov is going to be a great player and should be a good understudy to Benedetti who is a great player considering his age and has plenty of room to improve.

CAM: Rene Mönius and Alexis Polykarpou

Mönius is simply incredible. He is only 21 yet is almost playing at his full potential and will fill this role in my team for years to come. Alexis is an extremely competent understudy and will also become a great player.

LAM: Carlos Fierro, Ugochukwu Fatai and Amadou Chauveau

Fierro is probably going to be sold at the end of the season as Fatai is just as good as him if not better and Fierro is getting on a bit (for my team anyway). Chauveau is my youngster and future star in this role.

RAM: Raheem Sterling, Frank Flammersberger, Stephan Jansen and Tony Moralee

Sterling is my first choice and is a great winger. The brilliantly named Flammersberger is also extremly competant however neither of these players are, in my opinon, world class (ie - in the top 5 right wingers in the game). Jansen is my future star and i believe he has the potential to be one of the best. Moralee will unfortunatly be sold as i believe he is just that little bit worse than Jansen.

ST: Hernán Alvarez, Patinho, Kaizer Mazibuko and Yaya Sanogo

Hernán Alvarez is my chosen starter and is already one of if not the best strickers in the world. However, i have been so surprised by Patinho who is playing at the same level as Alvarez. My formation only allows one stricker so i have started playing Alvarez in the RAM role as i feel he is better than all my RAM's and this allows for Patinho to play as well. Mazibuko used to be my best stricker but two long term injures meaning he missed pretty much a whole season in total has caused a decline in his stats and considering the rise of my two promising youngsters i think he'll be shown the door in a season or two. Sanogo is not in my plans at all and is currently on loan as i failed to sell him last summer.

How my team lines up:

11.png

There you have my team :) All your comments and thoughts are appreciated and i'll happily answer any questions.

Thanks,

Atok

the amount of times i've used that to build my team is unreal, probably before i started posting on here, only clicked a few months ago that it was actually you haha

Yeah same, i've used that blog to find quick transfer ideas etc. You must get alot of hits to you're blog Atokous?

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my Boro save last night and got off to a shocker. Rhys Williams went to Newcastle when they activated his release clause of 6mil!!! Don't think he has one in real life. Then got whipped 1-5 at home to Peterborough in the season premiere.

Bought Aït Fana for 2.4 mil. and sold Haroun for 2.6 mil. It is impossible to sell players like Arca, McManus, Zemamma and McDonald and I spend a lot of time trying to and also organising my back room staff and training settings, and then my laptop crashes while I'm browsing the web during loading time in the game. Needless to say I hadn't saved it because I had only played around a month. Grrr. Now need to get off to a new start. MAybe offering Williams a new contract without a release clause, because you can only attract really crap defenders!