oneBoro Forum

Atokous' Football Manager 2012 Story

Lol I also have Prestia I have just thrown straight into the team he isn't doing to well but I don't want instant promotion this time round.

Jali with a release clause isn't a good thing even if promoted your first offer for him could be 6 mill . When I bought him I made sure he had no bonuses or wage rises but that meant offering him 18k a week but I wanted to secure him for 5 years + I won't give him a new contract till there's only 6 months to go

Jalis passing improves to 16 very quickly

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only have to accept offers for him from clubs that plays in higher leagues which won't be a problem if i'm promoted.

Edit. Wigan and QPR showed interest in december so offered him a new contract on 17k but with a 18mil release clause. The agent insisted on the clause

Don't know whats happening here. This is the second time it happens when I play with boro. I'm doing excellent untill around 18 games in and then WHAM. Lose, lose, lose. I have 1 win and 9 losses in the last 10 league games and nothing I do changes it. To top it off I'm getting red cards all the time even though I'm playing with normal tackling. Before that run I had 5 wins in a row. I've gone from 1st. to tenth, and I'm probably gonna get the sack if I don't turn it around. Very frustrating.

Try mixing it up a bit team maybe getting complacent from your 5 in a row . Try jali in left midfield . Can you get any loans in try josh mccheran from chelski and maybe Barkley from everyone . Do you have any cash? Try Rafael toloi from Brazil league he plays c.b d.m c.m and I think he is great at c.b.

Declare your interest passionately if they are doing rubbish you might get a cheeky price he is valued at 1-1.2 and I got him for 2 with the cash I made kicking mcmannus out with .

Your doing good atokous I've starded as Boro again for like the 50th time I keep noticing things I can improve on and decide to start from scratch gunna try sticking to this one for 10 seasons

• 3 weeks later...

Loving it Atokous, keep it up mate!

Might sound like a stupid question, but how come I can't find this Jali fella when I search his name on Football Manager 12?

Is it because I play straight from the disc and have no internet updates?

I can only find this lad called Andile Jali on my game. He's a holding/centre midfielder. Looks a good buy aswell though.

Loving it Atokous, keep it up mate!

Might sound like a stupid question, but how come I can't find this Jali fella when I search his name on Football Manager 12?

Is it because I play straight from the disc and have no internet updates?

I can only find this lad called Andile Jali on my game. He's a holding/centre midfielder. Looks a good buy aswell though.

There could be a few reasons why. Firstly if you haven't selected the 'Large' database size he might be available. Secondly you might not have loaded the league he is in but i doubt it..

Try using the search engine in the top right of the game screen as that does a universal search as opposed to the limited one used if you search via transfers -> player search

Here's his profile on my game (it's in 2017 so you can see he turns into a quality player):

jali1.png

jali2.png

He is really the only player i regret not buying at the start, didn't know he existed.... Shame...

You're both talking about the same fella lads! I think hes good, but his average ratings are never anything to shout about. For the cost though, hes great and if you can sell him on for 10-15mil after 2-3 season after having signed him for 500k, its a win.

If you want someone who will consistently perform well in DM, CM and AMC, Verratti is your man. He's a legend, his stats are great, and his performances are always fantastic.

Ah I see, ok we were on about the same lad then. I was assuming there was a different Jali that was a striker haha.

Anyway, I'm trying to sign him on my game.. just started a new one with Boro but unfortunately they already want over 4 million for him. Just can't afford that.

I signed Sanogo and Soukouna, both recommended on this thread, and they have been brilliant for me.

Other than that I've managed to offload Hoyte, Kink, McManus and Emnes. Mainly relying on freebies and loanees at the moment. Only two players I've spent fees on were Sanogo and some South African striker for 1 mil. Can't remember his name off the top of my head but he's 28 and doing well for me, think it's Kueweke?

I tried my best to sign James Dayton as every time I sign him he's unbelievable. Unfortunately Celtic beat me to it.

Freebies I've brought in:

Sol Campbell (Still quality despite his age and offers the physical presence and experience I need with McManus gone)

Soukona (As recommended on this thread. He's unreal.. won young player of the month for August in my first season with 4 goals in as many games)

Josh Wright (Just one to add to the squad and see if I can mould something special out of him. Not on much at all so worth the gamble. Has decent potential)

Amdy Faye (Again just adding experience to the squad when injuries start to add up and I need cover)

Stuart Parnaby (Replacement for Hoyte)

Loanees I've brought in:

Josh McEachren (6 month)

Ravel Morrison (Season long)

Nathan Redmond (Season long)

Danny ***tu (Season long)

***tu and Williams have struck up an impressive partnership at the back while Bates has been out injured.

Every time I start a new save on FM12 I always find Smallwood to be better than Thomson and Bailey. He just makes things happen for me even though I have him playing a defensive role. Has plenty of assists and always pops up with a goal. Zemmama is another one that is class for me on FM.

Of course as well as signing young loanees I am also bedding in our youngsters. I think I have a good mix between experienced and young talent. Promotion is the aim and I've started the season off unbeaten in 8 matches. Unfortunately 6 of those were draws!

Currently bedding our young David Atkinson into the team and he has played so well for me. He'll be out of the side when Parnaby gets match fit or McMahon returns from injury, whatever happens first.. but certainly is good news seeing a youngster come in and perform.

You're both talking about the same fella lads! I think hes good, but his average ratings are never anything to shout about. For the cost though, hes great and if you can sell him on for 10-15mil after 2-3 season after having signed him for 500k, its a win.

If you want someone who will consistently perform well in DM, CM and AMC, Verratti is your man. He's a legend, his stats are great, and his performances are always fantastic.

Regarding average ratings, playing as a DM is probably the hardest position to get a good ration for. One of the most talented regens i've found is currently holding my midfield together but rarely gets above 7.3/4 as he doesn't really get credit for the clean sheet and doesn't score many except some long shots... Don't take the average rating as an iron cast representation as to how they have performed.

@ Magooder:

Sanogo and Soukouna are really good players and should easily rip up championship defences :)

Another player i really recommend you buying young (i.e. - first season) would Tony Trindade de Vilhena (if you want i can get you a screen).

Also, if your looking for a young backup for your wingers then try Loic Gagnon -> cheap and can hold his own in the prem.. never will get good enough for a top prem team but is ideal for top of champ/lower prem.

Good luck :)