oneBoro Forum

An apology.

Ooh. Looks like I missed a bit of a to-do yesterday. Glad things got worked out in a mature and sensible fashion. Pity not all PL members are capable of this.

Not by a long shot. Here is a list of the names in my black book:

Grade A - Arch Enemies

* Huntsboro - The Warhammer playing tyrant may be on the slide in the PL table, but he remains top of this list. He is the only Grade A enemy.

Can I just double check, is the reason huntsboro top purely because he plays Warhammer? Or have I missed something?

You may double-check Cornish.

Alexandra invented that little factoid, presumably in an effort to make me look geeky. I am indeed geeky - but she got the wrong game. What I actually do is this:

And for the record, she just hates me full stop. Alexa is a petty, immature individual who needs no good reason, other than the fevered twisted hallucinations within her own head. Like Andy I consider it a matter of honour to be on her s**t-list. ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If they call that "geeky", I'm screwed.

Sci-fi/fantasy geek right here and I'm not ashamed to admit it because in all honesty, it owns.

Put it there bro. :cool:

Some games can be a lot more "adult" and intellectually demanding than non-gamers realise. Also a whole lot of fun too (I mean, whats NOT to like about piloting a 70-ton walking tank with ridiculous amounts of firepower?). Just don't tell Alex or she might start on you too! ;)

I stick to watching/reading sci-fi/fantasy, playing games like Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age but given half a chance and the money, I would have a heap load of memorabilia. (Star Trek (the next generation ofcourse)/Stargate/Star Wars/Farscape/Lord of the Rings figures etc) :P

Will, sorry I have sent the thread on a tangent. The reason I ask, and I have nothing against Alex, he has done nothing to wind me up personally and I find his comments pretty funny. And also I am not into sci-fi or fantasy games either. But I think before he starts making fun and mocking he should remember he is trash talking someone on an online forum, in a ficticious predicting league talking about his "arch enemies" and "tactical predicting"...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the two quite similar???

..so Will has basically admitted to missing the 2pm deadline because he was waiting to copy & paste Andy the smog hunter's predictions (with a few minor adjustments, of course).. I've gotta hand it to you man, you know how to twist the knife!

Andy the smog hunter's gotta be feeling like absolute douche now..

In everyone's urgency to make friends again, a glaring turn of phrase appears to have been glossed over:

"I will be completely honest, I did tactically predict to get my first win today, but this is not the reason that i predicted late, i really did remember at 2:00 that i had forgotten to predict and that i needed to. So I had a look at Andy the smog hunter's predictions, and adjusted mine accordingly." - naturally I filled in the missing sentence from the end.

So let me just get this straight:

• miss the deadline.
  • make sure that you predict in your usual manner - ensuring that you're getting the maximum benefit from predicting after your opponent.
  • proceed to win the game and then gloat in the face of the man who graciously allowed your predictions stand.
  • aggressively argue your case, where you appear completely indignant at the fact you were a mere 4 minutes late!
  • cause a massive bust up, to the point where the whole league is in jeopardy.
  • get all offended by Andy the smog hunter's claims that you're a tactical predictor - you are no such thing!
  • post an elaborate apology, where you go on to admit to being a tactial predictor after all...
  • and to top it all off, you then decide to drop it in there that in the end you managed to put your tactics to good use anyway, despite being late in your predictions.

Classy, reeaal classy!

I commend you on your efforts big guy; you appear to have eaten the entire cake, polished off the crumbs, pocketed the cherry on top & left Andy the smog hunter etc washing the dishes & cleaning up after you. Masterful.

Incidentally, I had a similar experience a while back.. there was less controversy mind.

Am in the same 'geek' group as well then. :blush:

Like all that stuff Prowler likes and played D & D/Warhammer years ago, so am also in Huntsboro's gang!

I stick to watching/reading sci-fi/fantasy, playing games like Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age but given half a chance and the money, I would have a heap load of memorabilia. (Star Trek (the next generation ofcourse)/Stargate/Star Wars/Farscape/Lord of the Rings figures etc) :P

Am in the same 'geek' group as well then. :blush:

Like all that stuff Prowler likes and played D & D/Warhammer years ago, so am also in Huntsboro's gang!

I'll be honest - I hate most of that stuff, lol. Well, Farscape and Stargate specifically. Terrible. Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings (the movies) aren't bad. Each to their own though. I'm sure I can think of many progs that I like to watch that would make some cringe!

As for the games, I think it's a total lack of patience that prevents me from even trying, as well as the knowledge that I have an addictive personality! If I get good or interested in something then that's that! It dominates my days! Poker would be my 7 year addiction, to date. Thank God I'm good at it! On another note, I don't believe in God, so I certainly won't be thanking him. I retract that last statement...

Oh I can beat that, massive Doctor Who fan, probably got about 150 videos + then transfered my collection to dvd's, 100's of books, 16 foot Tom Baker Scarf, 2 Dalek bubble baths and a Tardis pencil case.

Love Fighting Fantasy books and adore films like Alien, Aliens and Event Horizon.

The last band I saw was Iron Maiden, and on the side I like watching Blackadder and Maid Marian and her Merry Men.

I would get out of the house more, but it's a darn harsh world out there ;)