oneBoro Forum

New formation?

Long time no posts from me its been a hectic year. With the news of juke signing does anyone else think our formation will change to be a 4-3-3?

I've always felt better about our gameplay / luck when we go all out attack, or make our own luck if you will. With emnes and scotty macs pace worrying defenders i think we can force teams to play deep and the juke can work his magic.

What are your thoughts?

I think mogga has finally addressed one of our biggest downfalls in that the squad has self belief and belief in each other. Lets hope the season keeps going our way!

I think so. Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3-3 with Skippy and Emnes either side of Juke.

We could be looking at something like this in the future:

--------------------Steele---------------

McMahon/Hoyte--Williams--Bates--Bennett

-------------Thomson---Bailey-------------

-------------------Robson--------------------

Emnes--------------------------------McDonald

----------------Jutkiewicz------------------------

Although I'd prefer to see a midfield three of Haroun, Bailey and Robson.

I really believe it'll be any 2 from 3, (4 if you include Bart) it's about keeping the forwards fresh and providing comp' for places Mogga believes in 'horses for courses' not a Basel style how many strikers can we fit on one pitch, though i'd take drama like that every week, til the ticker gave out that is. :D

Didn't we try with three up front against Shrewsbury and it didn't work?

it only didn't work because the midfield kept giving the ball away. the front three all looked pretty lively (if not exactly clinical in putting their chances away)

it only didn't work because the midfield kept giving the ball away. the front three all looked pretty lively (if not exactly clinical in putting their chances away)

how's Smallwood's? i am more than eager to know:)

how's Smallwood's? i am more than eager to know:)

the fa cup game wasn't his best. kept giving the ball away. i think he just needs a run of games tbh, we saw at the end of last season how well he can play

So he hasn't got good ball retention skills? :P

I agree I think he needs a run of games, but can't see him getting ahead of Thommo, Bailey, Robson, Haround, Martin or Arca.

Certainly useful though if like now we have a list of suspensions and injuries. One for the future I'd say

---------------Steele-----------------

McMahon - Bates - Williams - Bennett

------Robson - Bailey- Thomson--------

-------------McDonald----------------

----------Emnes - The Juke-----------

Could be our best team in my opinion. With Ogbeche an alternative option up front; Haroun/Zemamma/Martin as alternatives in midfield.

TBH - I think we could rotate the three of the front men into a two. One week we could play Juke and Mcdonald, the next Emmes and Juke, then the next McDonald and Emmes until we find out which pair suits each other best.

I'd still like to see Haroun in midfield, with Robbo, Thompson and Bailey.