oneBoro Forum

Boro V Coventry (A)

Well welcome to the Match thread for this week.

Boro travel down to the Ricoh Arena (Coventry) on the back of 2 defeats in the Championship.

Andy Thom's Coventry side came to the Riverside Stadium early this season and came away with a 1-1 draw. Marvin Emmes opening the scoring for the Boro and Lukas Jutkiewicz scoring the equaliser for the Sky Blues. By the time this game comes the later should be a full time Boro player.

Coventry's last 6 in the league:

LLWWLL

Coventry's key player:

Gary McSheffrey

Boro's last 6 in the league:

WWWDLL

Boro's key players:

Barry Robson and Marvin Emmes

Lets hope we can get over the set backs we've had recently and get back to winning ways.

What formation should we play and should we sign a goalie on emergency loan should Steele and Coyne not be fit in time?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

With Jutkiewicz starting and Robson back from suspension we should be a different animal than what we saw against Burnley.

Edit: Apparently gentlemen's agreement that Jutkiewicz won't play against former club

If we don't win this I'll be severely wondering whether we can push for playoffs. I know we're there now but if we can't beat Coventry we will slip.

I used to recruit for Ricoh. They used to give us free tickets for Coventry games. Shame Boro aren't sponsored by some Japanese electronics company.

I just don't know where the goals are gonna come from. We need to start Martin or Zem in games like this. It could go 1-0 either way for both sides. My heart says 1-0 Emnes, my head says another dour 1-0 defeat against a side battling for points.

Hate to say told you so but!!!!

The only benefit we have is some good inside information and makes this emergency loan very farcical in my opinion and does this mean we may not sign him in time on a full contract before end of transfer windoww?? The emergency loan must be of a minimum duration surely?

sure it was said that the loan would turn into a full transfer on monday.

Was explained on the Burnley thread but if a player becomes a contracted player to Boro then to hell with an agreement especially if he is needed we need every advantage possible now otherwise can see Coventry picking up much needed points as you can bet they will want to prove Juke wrong...ok I know the circumstances regarding needs and musts but am sure they would like to get one over their ex striker