oneBoro Forum

Boro V Coventry (A)

Given the injuries we have I'd really like to see Williams bolster the midfield against Coventry:

possible_boro_lineup_2a.jpg

But it's quite clear McManus is not in Mogga's plans at all. Also, he'll probably keep faith in young Ripley rather than bring in a keeper on loan.

So looking how we finished up against Burnley for the last 20 minutes, I guess Mogga will actually start with this:

possible_boro_lineup_2b.jpg

I think that team will be strong enough to oust Coventry in a tight nervy 1-0 for The Boro.

We should be getting the clean sheet. Jutkiewicz was the leading scorer with 9 and after him it's McSheffrey with only 3. They've only managed 14 goals at home in 13 league games (and on an alarming side note, we've only scored 15 in 14 home games this season).

I like that first lineup a lot.

Only change I'd make is to have Haroun in over Thommo. Williams would then be anchoring with Haroun and Robbo either side of him. Would like to see McManus back in the side too, he's done well when played.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

must say, i'm usually a 'williams in defence' guy. but while bailey is out, it can't hurt to bring mcmanus back in and push williams forward a bit. the current midfield is clearly not cutting it.

it did sound like thommo played a bit better yesterday though. so hopefully he's getting into the swing of it a bit more.

truth is, as much as i like bailey - we should be able to win without him. we did it at the end of last season with flying colours. why is it so different these days?

The only problem I can see with that is that McManus is pants.

what makes you say that. he's been pretty solid when he's featured this season.

Every time I have seen him he seems to have a mistake in him. He is decent in the air but he gets beaten for pace, isn't great positionally and seems to lack footballing intelligence.

Do not get why people want Hoyte to start ahead of McMahon :S

I think people may think that Justin has more to offer going forward than McMahon. Against the so-called weaker teams i'd play Hoyte, but against the big boys in the division i think we should be playing McMahon TBH.

because hoyte is a threat with his pace, i'd say one of the biggest threats we have.

You say that but he doesn't use it!

He is a waste of space, he rarely takes on his man, it takes him 10 attempts to put in a decent ball and he offers nothing defensively.

Aliardiere had pace, he was bloody useless.

McMahon may not be fast, but atleast he'll whip in a decent ball and be able to put in a good challenge.

In Mogga's post match interview he said that both Steele and Coyne were doubtful for the Coventry game but expected to have one fit for the cup game. Therefore couldn't warrant loaning a Premier League GK for one month to cover just one game, Ripley will play.

This highlights the Clubs lack of available cash, one would assume, so puts into perspective how well we are achieving on such a limited budget.

2 defeats on the bounce but still way ahead of where we were 12 months ago, keep believing in Mogga.

UTB

hoyte has put many decent balls in, there was just no-one getting on the end, now we have jutkiewicz that may happen. hoyte has started to take it on and beating his man for more often. i used to be one of hoytes biggest critics but i must say he's turned me with this seasons performances.

i think the fact tht everyone else on here (just about) apart from you seem to have realised that and theres only you who keeps complaining about him.

because hoyte is a threat with his pace, i'd say one of the biggest threats we have.

You say that but he doesn't use it!

He is a waste of space, he rarely takes on his man, it takes him 10 attempts to put in a decent ball and he offers nothing defensively.

Aliardiere had pace, he was bloody useless.

McMahon may not be fast, but atleast he'll whip in a decent ball and be able to put in a good challenge.

you seem not to have watched boro games quite often when we were in PL

the tactic under Southgate was both Aliardiere and Tuncay ran 30 yds for you to create chances by themselves under the last year when we were in PL. Downing was useless as no one was capable of scoring headers. Adam Johnson was yet to cut the mustard. our attack was far more one dimensional than that of now

your criticism was perhaps based on your experience on PL. i were one of the fans having criticized Bailey v. much last year. but he turns my impression on him