• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna ad my bit. when i saw that the thread had been closed after reading it earlier and thought it was a ridiculous decision, 2p2 and powlay were having a good debate, although they were disagreeing strongly they weren't causing offence. i wanted to add my bit to that disscussion and by the time i'd finished some work i was doing it had been closed. there have been a few times recently when this has happened, the moderators do a good job of keeping people freinds but people are always going to disagree and i think on some occaisons moderators (mainly DS, sorry but its my opinion) are closing threads too early.

also like to add to the bit about threads going off topic, yes its a little annoying when it happens big style but when its another matter that is slightly related and doesnt go on for ages, e.g me and prowler disagreeing over hoyte being in the squad for the burnley match and then putting across our reason we were told it was off topic, what im saying is you cant expect topics to stay focused solely on the matter in hand as there may be reasons being aruged that need debating themsleves.

Rant over. :)

Alex x10

Oh god are you serious!!! I tried to strike a friendly rivalry with Alex but he wasnt having it

Yes zhimai its off topic and I couldn't care less the point being I have never been told to stay on topic its more about the boundaries. I have just had a little convo about something non-related and now I'm finished.

Can we have an "it's got silly!" part of the site where some of the more funny, gone off topic and got ridiculous threads can go. Instead of closing them. I do enjoy all the handbags stuff. But I think this thread should be just be locked down for the sake of irony.

Can we have an "it's got silly!" part of the site where some of the more funny, gone off topic and got ridiculous threads can go. Instead of closing them. I do enjoy all the handbags stuff. But I think this thread should be just be locked down for the sake of irony.

it shouldnt be closed, just for the fact that ive just spent 10 mintes writing a thought out post trying to get it back on topic.

Alex x10

Oh god are you serious!!! I tried to strike a friendly rivalry with Alex but he wasnt having it

Yes zhimai its off topic and I couldn't care less the point being I have never been told to stay on topic its more about the boundaries. I have just had a little convo about something non-related and now I'm finished.

so no one could be a de-railer considering everyone's boundary is different

yes, i also had several hot debates. I gave my MOTM to Hoyte on the home match against Ipswich but I received several quite serious feedbacks on my decision. That's how the debate started. All fans here know it is quite a hot topic on if Hoyte should be on the lineup. but the majority boundaries won't allow him to be there i believe, then i wonder if those minority including me should follow suit and that's what you want. I was branded several times as a de-railer on the topic related to Hoyte

You have a point bishop it two people disagree about something so long as its slightly related then they should be able to discuss/argue but if it was too disrupt other ppl discussing the main topic the other two should resort too p.m each other because it just gets in the way

You have a point bishop it two people disagree about something so long as its slightly related then they should be able to discuss/argue but if it was too disrupt other ppl discussing the main topic the other two should resort too p.m each other because it just gets in the way

sounds sensible;) i do agree with you but the majority of the time it lasts only a few comments, nothing is to say others can't keep debating around them though. but yeah i do find it annyoing but i dont think its as big as a problem as people make out. i think some people on here just use it as a way of `getting one over on them`. zhimai you make a good point there, not something i'd normally say ;).

I dare say I am not the first to notice it - but periods of bad tempers on the forum always seem to concide with bad results or dire performances on the pitch.

I guess arguing on the forum is the electronic equivalent of booing on the terraces :)

I dare say I am not the first to notice it - but periods of bad tempers on the forum always seem to concide with bad results or dire performances on the pitch.

I guess arguing on the forum is the electronic equivalent of booing on the terraces :)

I was thinking the same.

Plus we havent signed anybody this week which would have given members something to discuss.