oneBoro Forum

The Group Stage [Africa Cup Of Nations 2012 Predictions League]

Grand job, 2plus2 :)

I knew I was shafted as soon as I saw that Stubbzy, Neverbefore and I had all predicted a 2-1 win for Mali. Never a hope I'm afraid on the last day, but such is the way predictions fall and I'm rather proud that the first person to predict has finished with the 7th highest score overall. I tried to use my basic knowledge and the world rankings when predicting - but at the end of the day it was definately more luck than anything - these things always rely on a little good fortune of course.

Massive congrats to the 8 quarter finalists, I will watch on with interest over the coming days, and once again massive congrats to 2plus2 your competition has in my view been a real success - be proud :)

Also can I wish the 11 oneBoro members whose Birthday it is today a great day. Although I must admit disappointment that between the 11 of them they haven't posted one comment, and can I just confirm that I won't be taking up KerynMless's lice removal service. Hope she doesn't put that on her Cv..

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You were incredibly unlucky Welshy, but you did really well and had you been drawn in any 2 of the other 3 groups you would have progressed. Definitely a bit of luck came into this tournament. I'm thinking next time round I miiiight change the points system a little. Maybe 2 points for a basic result and 3 points for an exact scoreline (that way the ratio between the 2 prediction results is a little closer whilst still maintaining the latters importance).

Also, I will be running some friendlies fixtures for the next round (all is revealed on the quarter-finals thread which is now up). A twist in the usual format might make the next round a little more interesting. Anyway, let me know if anyone fancies it. Welshy? Fancy an ACON match-up? :cool:

Hi,

Thanks to 2plus2 for a wonderful competition and yesterdays Live round which kept me nervous. Well that is the fun bit of PL's I guess.

Congrats to all the eight quarter finalists. It was fun playing my first PL on the site. Good luck to all of you eight.

Can't wait to be in action for another PL. I am on waiting list for the Euro 2012.

Regards to all!!!

It was great having you involved Nawoo. And you were incredibly unlucky. I saw that you were keeping a close eye on the PL developments during the Day 12 Live - that late Mali goal was a bit brutal. I thiiink a third Mali goal would have put you through too. They hit the woodwork in the second half which makes you doubly unlucky, but maybe they wouldn't have scored another later in the half had that gone in.

Anyway, well played and hope to have you involved if I run another ACON PL in 2013 :)