• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

• 2 weeks later...

So, I sent in a complaint regarding Boro + constantly cutting out during matches. Explained that everything was running perfectly from my end and that it was a problem from theirs.

Just received a reply. Pretty much asked if I was viewing old pages or if my cache needed clearing or if it was a corrupted cookie...

Firstly, what do they not get about EVERYTHING running perfectly from my side?

Secondly, the solution they gave has nothing to do with my problem.

Update:

After I sent a reply, pretty much saying what I said on here, they sent me this.

Thank you for your email.

If you having trouble hearing commentaries, please try the following

To make sure that you hear sound whilst watching videos or listening to commentaries please try the following in the first instance:

- Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers

- Adjust the volume control located in the lower left hand corner of the Player on the web page you are viewing

- Ensure that the volume is up on the other video players, such as QuickTime, Real Player or Windows Media Player, as this might affect the video player sound.

To which I have now sent the following.

Do you even read these emails?

Let me repeat the FIRST part of my initial complaint.

"For the last couple of months, the reception that I have been receiving whilst listening to live commentary has been utterly atrocious. It is constantly cutting out and I am having to refresh to get it back up again.!

What part of that suggests that I am having volume issues? Please, tell me, I'd love to know.

Seriously, how on Earth are these people employed? :-/

I have to say - their response is an absolute insult. To actually suggest that the problems you are having are related to you not turning the volume on?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!

It's blatantly obvious that they've received your e-mail and decided that they either can't or don't want to deal with it, so have come up with the first most basic pathetic solution of all time.

I unregistered from Boro+ several months ago. To be honest I don't really miss it. The whole thing is an absolute farce. It's embarrassingly bad. The thought of paying for that 'service' infuriates me.

To make sure that you hear sound whilst watching videos or listening to commentaries please try the following in the first instance:

- Adjust the volume control located in the lower left hand corner of the Player on the web page you are viewing

- Ensure that the volume is up on the other video players, such as QuickTime, Real Player or Windows Media Player, as this might affect the video player sound.

that is a pretty comprehensive troubleshoot right there. although they missed off a couple of important points!! i shall now address this for you.

- Ensure that you have a computer, without this is is very unlikely that you will be able to listen to the boro+ live commentary

- Ensure that you are not a deaf person, as this could impede you ability to listen to the boro+ live commentaries.

- Ensure that you are not a dead person, as this could impede you ability to listen to the boro+ live commentaries.

- Ensure that there is no-one within 20 yards of you firing an semi-automatic machine gun/pistol, the resulting bursts of noise from this could cause you to experience what you think is the temporary drop-out of our service

- Ensure that you are not in China/Soviet Russia, Communist governments do not like their citizens hearing of the fabulous successes of Football Club Middlesbrough and will stop at nothing to block our commentary broadcasts to the adoring public.

- Finally, please ensure that you are not in fact asleep and dreaming about this whole problem...

...you're welcome!

that is a pretty comprehensive troubleshoot right there. although they missed off a couple of important points!! i shall now address this for you.

- Ensure that you have a computer, without this is is very unlikely that you will be able to listen to the boro+ live commentary

- Ensure that you are not a deaf person, as this could impede you ability to listen to the boro+ live commentaries.

- Ensure that you are not a dead person, as this could impede you ability to listen to the boro+ live commentaries.

- Ensure that there is no-one within 20 yards of you firing an semi-automatic machine gun/pistol, the resulting bursts of noise from this could cause you to experience what you think is the temporary drop-out of our service

- Ensure that you are not in China/Soviet Russia, Communist governments do not like their citizens hearing of the fabulous successes of football club Middlesbrough and will stop at nothing to block our commentary broadcasts to the adoring public.

- Finally, please ensure that you are not in fact asleep and dreaming about this whole problem...

...you're welcome!

Haha that was great!

The cutting in and out is truly infuriating. I've considered dropping the "service" a number of times but I love hearing Ali. Luckily I can't think of any times where I missed a goal because Boro+ cut out.

I just hope that next year we are in the Prem and all the games are televised!

I'd stop the service but it's the only way I can listen to games thanks to MFC being petty and not letting BBC Tees air it online and instead, hiring one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with to provide a service to supporters and have the cheek to charge £5 a month for it.

I'd stop the service but it's the only way I can listen to games thanks to MFC being petty and not letting BBC Tees air it online and instead, hiring one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with to provide a service to supporters and have the cheek to charge £5 a month for it.

It's 5 for you? It's 8 for me. Is that what it averages out to if you buy a full season instead of paying by month?