• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shelvey has the ability to single handedly break through stubborn defences, Bailey has the ability to snuff out any counter attacks. I wouldn't get too upset and say that promotion wont happen now, there will be a big difference to our team when these two are involved.

I completely agree with this. I'm disappointed today, but still feeling very positive.

I don't.

It takes more than 2 players to make a team.

I think it shows how we compare to the top six teams. We need to pick up max points against the bottom half of the table cos we cant cut it with the big boys just yet.

I agree.

Suddenly, promotion (or even making the play-offs) is suddenly looking a lot more uncertain.

Haven't read anything in this thread so far, so be gentle..

I'm absolutely disgusted by Robson's attitude towards his teammates, he's constantly shouting at them and refusing to run for the team. He's lost countless of balls and instead of chasing the opponent to win it again he just waves his arms in the air and walks the other way, what a loss he's been today.

On the other hand - The Juke has been absolutely great IMO. He constantly offers his help and passes the ball very well. Too bad he didn't score the header. Emnes was good in 1st half, although that man really has to start pass that ball faster(!!!!!!!!).

I excuse any grammar mistakes, I'm not exactly from England..

Well after that second half performance we didn't deserve anything from the game. It's so frustrating watching our team have long spells of possession and doing absolutely nothing with it. It's happened far too often this season too.

*sigh* Onwards and upwards! Hopefully Shelvey arrives soon.. now's our chance to really strengthen the squad where it needs strengthening.. I'll be very disappointed if we miss out on Shelvey.

Our squad was always gonna be the issue, the first 11 are good enough, but if one or two players gets injured or suspended, then we lose a lot more than most teams. However, we know that the reason for this is cause we don't have the resources to pay a lot for players who would be backup. What more can you want us to do, realistically?

Shelvey has the ability to single handedly break through stubborn defences, Bailey has the ability to snuff out any counter attacks. I wouldn't get too upset and say that promotion wont happen now, there will be a big difference to our team when these two are involved.

I completely agree with this. I'm disappointed today, but still feeling very positive.

I don't.

It takes more than 2 players to make a team.

Of course it does. But Reading by no means outclassed us today - they were just very effective and, to be honest, a little fortunate. Boro weren't good enough, but it wasn't a terrible performance. What cost us? A lapse of concentration defensively - Bailey will often fill that void, and a lack of cutting edge - Shelvey is a fantastic attacking talent.

I'm not worried. So long as we keep most of our key players fit (and secure the loan signing of Jonjo) I don't see us finishing outside the top 6.

I'm absolutely disgusted by Robson's attitude towards his teammates, he's constantly shouting at them and refusing to run for the team. He's lost countless of balls and instead of chasing the opponent to win it again he just waves his arms in the air and walks the other way, what a loss he's been today.

On the other hand - The Juke has been absolutely great IMO. He constantly offers his help and passes the ball very well. Too bad he didn't score the header. Emnes was good in 1st half, although that man really has to start pass that ball faster(!!!!!!!!).

And Robson should exactly do that, we had a chance to earn promotion today, albeit only 3 points we failed on so many levels.

Robson shouting shows heart and desire something we have clearly lacked today.

Final match stats from the BBC - they make interesting reading:

Possession

Boro 55 - 45 Reading

Shots (on target)

Boro 12(7) - 10(6) Reading

Corners

Boro 5 - 4 Reading

Fouls

Boro 11 - 12 Reading

...and yet we lost 2-0. I think it highlights how disjointed and ineffectual our play was at times.

Don't forget that we lost to a strong Reading side today who are in FANTASTIC form, our defeat today comes on the back of consecutive wins plus we have some VERY important players coming back into the fold.

It's not that bad!

And Robson should exactly do that, we had a chance to earn promotion today, albeit only 3 points we failed on so many levels.

Robson shouting shows heart and desire something we have clearly lacked today.

Shows heart by not trying to win the ball back? We are clearly dissident on how to show heart and desire.