• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has it occurred to you that Robson was shouting at the rest of the team for their ineptness today?

Robson is a leader on the pitch and regularly has a go at his team mates (which they often deserve).

I think his poor form and lack of running today might have something to do with the injury he picked up in the Millwall game.

Cheers for the welcome, Downsouth :)

Nothing bad in shouting at the team occasionally, but it was every single time he lost the ball. Why not chase the ball like a frisky dog, slaughter the man who has it and then shout "Come on you f... " something like that? I love Robson, don't get me wrong, but that is not leadership in my eyes.

I remember watching a Milan game some years ago, Inzaghi's coming in from sub and the first thing he do is a ridicoulus foul but it ignited the team and fans and ultimately that led to the victory.

Are you suggesting risking getting sent off / injuring an opponent is a better form of leadership than telling your players to pull their socks up? :huh: :s

I think we should relocate all our home games to Darlington and fill the stadium with angry Sunderland fans.

The sad thing is, I think thats about the only way to get Boro playing with that kind of determination and purpose. :(

Has it occurred to you that Robson was shouting at the rest of the team for their ineptness today?

Robson is a leader on the pitch and regularly has a go at his team mates (which they often deserve).

I think his poor form and lack of running today might have something to do with the injury he picked up in the Millwall game.

Cheers for the welcome, Downsouth :)

Nothing bad in shouting at the team occasionally, but it was every single time he lost the ball. Why not chase the ball like a frisky dog, slaughter the man who has it and then shout "Come on you f... " something like that? I love Robson, don't get me wrong, but that is not leadership in my eyes.

I remember watching a Milan game some years ago, Inzaghi's coming in from sub and the first thing he do is a ridicoulus foul but it ignited the team and fans and ultimately that led to the victory.

Are you suggesting risking getting sent off / injuring an opponent is a better form of leadership than telling your players to pull their socks up? :huh: :s

Yeah, just injury 'em all and hope for the best.

.. You probably get the idea mate.

Disappointed with todays result but we only had ourselves to blame as 2 daft mistakes cost us the game. Reading are very well organised in defence and tbh I didnt feel we were ever going to score even when we had chances.

I wish we had lost against Millwall and won today.

We need to get a big win against Pompey, Bailey will be back hopefully and may be a new face or 2 ;)

I think the lads were still pushing for an equaliser, up until Harte got the second for Reading, then we just stopped playing.

Overall, we shouldn't be too shocked or disappointed at losing to Reading. As I commented before they do have a good away record and are one of the form teams at the moment.

However, what this match did, I believe, is highlight Boro's numerous shortcomings, when faced with decent, well-organised opposition.

Emnes' twists and turns aside, we are very predictable and one-dimensional, as was proved by Reading easily breaking up most of our attacks and their keeper Federici rarely having to stretch to make a save, other than from LJ's header.

What I do believe to be inexcusable, however, is the team's continuing tendency to switch off at crucial times (e.g. corners and free kicks) and disorganisation / panic when teams hit us on the break.

For once I agree with your analysis Huntsboro :D

We will improve on that performance though. When a team is missing their best player they're always going to find games a little more difficult. We knew before Bailey got injured how crucial he was to our team. Now we know it even more. Without him we look a little bit lost because we don't have a player who will go full gusto at the opposition, aggressively get in their faces and properly protect the back four. Yes, we have Robson, but he does that a little further up the pitch. When you're missing that type of player it not only makes the team a little more vulnerable defensively, but it becomes more difficult to commit men forward and play with genuine flair.

I know that one player doesn't make a team! But he's crucial to the whole dynamic of how we approach games. With him in our starting 11 I'd feel confident that we can grind a top 6 finish. With Jonjo as well I feel that we can accomplish that goal a little more comfortably (although certainly not with ease!) and be genuinely competitive in the play-offs.

Always look on the bright side of life! :P

sounded fairly definate about shelvey.... hmmm maybe its a windup

Only going off this however if you read between the lines and look at his career stats it clearly shows him for what he is

Jonjo is a midfielder who can play in every attacking position, but is mainly used centrally in attacking mid as he doesn't appear to have the discipline to maintain an central midfield role. At Blackpool he was utilised as part of a front 3 on the left side and in his first start against Aston Villa he was played on the right. I think he'll do well at Boro. He has a knack for looking disinterested and he has thrown a strop in the past when he was asked to play an Under-19 game, but he seems to have sorted that out. He is extremely confident in himself (as evident when he attempted to chip Van Der Sar from the halfway line against MU at OT in Jan last year) and has every right to be - he's every bit as good as Tom "Messiah" Cleverley and has scored more goals and more assists this season yet Cleverley gets senior England squad call-up and Jonjo's left in the Under-21s.

Also, no chance of a permanent move. Kenny loves him and he was signed by Rafa to replace Gerrard.

It is only a game and boro will be here for another 100 years, so lets pick ourselves up and concentrate on our next game

I like your thinking :)

We need to get a big win against Pompey, Bailey will be back hopefully and may be a new face or 2 ;)

TEASE!!! :D

Disappointed with todays result but we only had ourselves to blame as 2 daft mistakes cost us the game. Reading are very well organised in defence and tbh I didnt feel we were ever going to score even when we had chances.

Its been like that for too long tbh. The problem seems to be the team just can't think quick enough. Balls bounce off our players (got a little better recently) Other players anticipate bounces better and usually get there before us. Movement of our players is slow and nethalgic and passing creativity is either hampered by this or maybe isn't in their tool box's