oneBoro Forum

The North Riding FA Senior Cup Final - Boro vs York

Programmes for the game are priced at £1.50 i will be getting my usual bundle of them, anyone wanting one let me know and i can post it or drop it off at a boro game etc.

apparently players who have made a first team appearance ARE allowed to play.

Yes

Meeting an old mate in the Minster on Marygate about 17.30 and aiming to leave at 19.00.

knowing me it'll be 19.25 struggling to get to the game in time

some things never change !!

A really odd game and an even odder "goal". I didn't realise we'd scored at first. Most of the crowd didn't realise we'd scored and it seemed that most of the players didn't realise either. Only the linesman desparately flagging brought it to the refs attention.

To be fair the whole of the crowd was in the other end of the stand away from the goals where it was scored. Chris Doig of York City seemd to have ben credited with an own goal but it could have been the keeper Fowler's cross or Reach who were all faffing about near it.

A really young side

Montgomery - a blinder or maybe just a good game and lucky ? The spirited end by York City gave them 4 or 5 good chances. Virtually all the efforts landed in Montys arms

Pilatos - a more structured game than usual. Their left winger was switched as he was having so little "joy"

Weldon - quicker than I think I'd realised, attacked well and if it went pear shaped he was back asap. Well covered by Reach

Jackson - solid game gave up the long crossfield pass to Luke Williams in the first half aftr Luke had got cought offside for the 3rd time

Atkinson - Solid but too small for a central defender

Park - I must admit I had to have help with identification. He seems a pale shadow of his former self. since he went to Barnsley and collected a "bug" whilst there he seems to have struggled

Dolan - definitely one of his best performances that I've seen. kept and passed the ball really well and broke up their play too.

Brobbel - never seems to have a bad game. competent throughout

Reach - he was every where. Started off with probably our first three shots on goal even if one did hit the advertising hoardings one the stand behind the goal. Attacked really well covered Weldon really well. Probably our best headed defence at their corners.

Luke Williams - lived on the edge of the last defender all night. He dribbles really well. No problems with bigger and older central defenders. Probably better playing off a bustling striker like Main

Fowler - I was puzzled as to why he would play up front but he did and his control is good as always but why he would not be played in a role where his passing skills are not maximised I know not

Sub Kneeshaw - could easily have scored a couple in the short time he was on. but displayed all his strengths - pace anticipation.

Not a bad performance a***st them they passed the ball around really well and if you had to look for a man of the match you'd probably want to consider Dolan, Reach, Weldon and Montgomery and then decide between Reach and Montgomery

the linesman didnt flag when the goal went in he raised his left arm and pointed to the halfway line, and then because the buzszer system wasnt working he had to flag about 5 seconds after.

Montgomery's save in the first half was very very very good.