oneBoro Forum

Academy 2nd years find out about future

Wilson Kneeshaw has been offered a professional deal

Ejiro Okosieme, James Montgomery, Lewis Sirrell, Matty Waters and Jarrett Rivers got 3rd year scholarships

Lewis Galpin and Michael Roberts havenot been offered anything and will leave the club.

Personally i with Roberts and Galpin all the best, I fondly remember Roberts rocket which he scored early this season. And Galpin being arock solid defender who never seemed to be phased.

For the guys who have not made the cut, sorry lads and all the best for the future.

Personally I cannot understand the Galpin decision. I can only assume that the decision was made on the grounds of when and how are you ever going to have a chance to make it in the 1st team. I must admit I felt the same about Sheard last year.

We'll have to assume that I know little about full back play - even though it isn't true.

Kneeshaw definitely has the talent to make it ............... and we are hoping that the next 5 can kick on and make it, seems to be the message. Sirrell and Rivers have both the ability to play in several positions. Okosieme has the size to be outstanding. Matty Waters has come on leaps and bounds and Monty is stepping up as Steele is no 1 and Rippers junior is taking over as no 2 as Danny retires. That at least is logical

I am just sat here in shock still as Galpin as recently as this week came on and steadied a listing or sinking ship at Wednesday. But life's not fair talent, does not always get the rewards that it deserves.

Without doubt Wilson Kneeshaw has become a great prospect for the youth team he has certainly developed as a player, however i personally think that the other lads have done well as well but boro can only wait and see if any third yrs will develop more

can the boro change their minds half way thru the 3rd yr ? ie give a contract to the lads if they improve greatly?

i wish the third yr lads good luck and wilson continue doing what you have done what a player !

Whilst I still remain of the opinion that Lewis Galpin was too good to let go I do wonder if the club have made the correct decision as we have current England Squad agegroup left backs in Bennett and Reach. Grounds is nominally still with us and then there is Weldon and Gibson not to mention Sirrell and Oliver.

So that's seven people he has to get in front. Is he going to do it ? Unlikely, is the answer in the short term. Better than letting him rot on the reserves bench ( or worse ) is to give the lad a chance to join another club who does need a promising left back.

We cannot sign them all. There may be others that we wish that we had not signed now but hindsight is an always perfect scieince

I'd say Galpin is a more natural right back than left back (despite playing left back more often)

Weldons out of contract this summer ive no idea whats going on with him.

Next season (as like all new seasons are) will be interesting. Will the 3rd years play academy wise? If not will they play reserve football? If they do then we will have a large reserve squad and players wont get much time, so people going out on loan will be an option?

Interesting to see who comes up and what positions they fill. This season only really Bennett and Jones as first years have made positions their own.

will you be doing a profile on matty waters i was looking for one yesterday but cant find it and i do think he has done very well came in late and got himself a third yr scholor

I will be doing one, at some point. Games at the monent though are coming in thick and fast. Still have a WBA scout card to fill out and my match report to post.

Hopefully be done over the quieter time in the summer months.