oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Rumours 2012

Lita would have been a much better player for us had he been able to stay onside once in a while :P

I truly believe Ogbeche has more to his game than Emnes.... given the chance more regularly. If we aren't getting shot of McDonald, I'd be happy taking 3m for Emnes.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree Will, Emnes is technically sound. But his concentration levels are consistently poor and he breaks up so many of our own attacks by losing the ball it's incredible.

Yes, he drifts in and out of games with his concentration, but when he is concntrating and up for it he is one of the most technical and gifted players i have seen in this league.

I know what you're saying Will I mean he scores some good technical goals but by god I have seen so many matches where he tries to link up play and the ball bounces off him like a pinball machine.

It's how you gage whether it's worth us carrying him and hoping that he puts away a chance in the box but he contributes very little to our buildup.

He's a mystery because he does score some very good technical goals in the box but when he's in front of defenders he seems to fluff his lines constantly.

Maybe I'm a tad harsh but if he doesn't continue to improve next season and he levels off we risk never getting a £3m offer for him again. If Mowbray and the club have alternatives lined up I would drive him to Swansea myself, I would personally say Scott Mac contributes more to our link up than Marvin and moving forward would Mac + Juke be a better partnership for the team?

Whether we sell or hold onto him, I just think it is a very big call going forward.

I would welcome Lita back as others have said, he is a goalscorer and maybe with Ledesma (fingers, toes and legs crossed it comes through)/Zemmama supplying him perhaps he will be more prolific.

Who would have thought Roberts would have made the impact he made on Readings season? I think if we get Lita he would have a bigger impact than the one he had in his first spell with us.

On another transfer story - George Friend coming in as a utility player might be useful especially given the 1 LB we have, he's a good age and a fairly solid player who can probably help us alot over a season.

Emnes frustrates me to no end. He has won us games by himself sometimed but in others he has been very poor.....can do great things but his fundamentals are not good enough. I would like to sell him and invest in the squad but you would think that the cash would be used too pay our creditors rather than buying top wingers and emnes' replacement.

PS i wonder what laudrup thinks..i highly doubt he came in and said ' lets bring in Marvin Emnes'

I know Emnes can be frustrating at times but overall he was our top scorer last season even with very poor service. He needs to be given another season to see if he can continue scoring for us with hopefully the help of some creative midfielders (fingers crossed we'll bring some in) in the team and because he only signed a new long-term contract last year. It also depends on how Mowbray wants to play up front next season. If Emnes and Juke can't form a partnership due to Emnes poor link up play, as some before me have alluded to, then McDonald might be the best partner for Juke. Personally I think we should be looking to get the money we paid out for him as well or even make a profit. I think we paid Sparta £3.2m for him so he should be worth at least that.

Overall I'd like him to stay but if it's in the best interest of the club for him to leave, then he leaves. It's as simple as that.

I know Emnes can be frustrating at times but overall he was our top scorer last season even with very poor service. He needs to be given another season to see if he can continue scoring for us with hopefully the help of some creative midfielders (fingers crossed we'll bring some in) in the team and because he only signed a new long-term contract last year. It also depends on how Mowbray wants to play up front next season. If Emnes and Juke can't form a partnership due to Emnes poor link up play, as some before me have alluded to, then McDonald might be the best partner for Juke. Personally I think we should be looking to get the money we paid out for him as well or even make a profit. I think we paid Sparta £3.2m for him so he should be worth at least that.

Overall I'd like him to stay but if it's in the best interest of the club for him to leave, then he leaves. It's as simple as that.

I'm not impressed by the link-up play of either one of them (McDonald/Emnes). The number of promising attacks that have broken down because one or the other made a poor pass in the final third, even when under no real pressure.

Regarding Emnes' lack-lustre performances - we were reminded on a number of occasions that for a long time before the end of the season he was playing with an injured toe. Not saying that excuses all of his poor performances but it must have had an effect on some of them. Unfortunately there's more chance of Emnes going than there is McDonald.

I think we should push for a bit more than 3 million. He's tied down to a long term deal and was our top scorer last season. It's clear Mowbray rates him very high. Anyone else get the feeling with the recent Dobbie link that we'll negotiate for 3 million + Dobbie?

I'd be happy with that and I'm willing to bet Swansea would be too.