• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Hulk was Brazils best player last night, though i dont for the life of me know why they call him Hulk, not he is a mountain could easily handle himself in the prem unlike Neymar who would spend half the time on his ***

Ashdown has finished his trail! Tony expects 3 signings before the friendly with the monkey hangers

mikael forssell also linked too

Yeah I reckon we are gonna go for this swiss chap for the 2nd GK. Lieutwieler?

Also great to hear that we are gonna have 3 signings in soon. Judging by the article in the northern echo (http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9829669.Boro_ready_to_open_pre_season_campaign_as_Ashdown_trial_ends/) I reckon the 3 will be Carayol, Andre Bikey/Amogou and this Lieutwieler. After that who knows.

Interesting link to Forsell. Was clinical and quick a few years back. Guess he will not be so quick these days? Simon Cox mentioned again, has he not signed for Blackburn?

*trial* everyone seems to be writing 'trail' which is of course a type of path...

or could be something hanging out the back of your pants...trailing along the ground :P

I suppose it depends on which country you are in. Not warm enough to just wear pants in this country :P I have trousers on too. But yes something could be trailing!

Good shout on the other two trialists. Abeid and Souni. Young prospects I think possibly with these two though as supposed to straight into the first team. I reckon they would start in reserves or youth team?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176458/Roque-Santa-Cruz-wants-new-English-team.html

If Blackburn sign Simon Cox, with also Nuno Gomes and Leon Best already there, I can't see them going for Santa Cruz, so I'd imagine Bolton might be the favourites.

Would love him, but I'd imagine we'd need to clear Scotty & Big Mick off the books first.

In the article it says he wants to stay in the North West which pretty much rules us out of the equation unless the teams in that area that are mentioned (Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn) aren't interested. And that's before we even start talking about his wages.

Interesting, refreshing, to see that we finally have put a contract on the table for Amougou after a series of never-ending talks.

Forssell lives in Harrogate so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get him up for a trial to assess his fitness, makes sense.

Just glad Amougou has finally progressed from 'talks', I'd guess from Leutwiler been kept on he's the likely candidate to be signed as 2nd choice GK?

Steve Kean wants Cox, he can have him should fit in well with their owners.