oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Rumours 2012

I'll say it, if Strachan was in charge and we went through a day like today we'd be tar and feathering him for the next month for failing to identify and failing to attain what the squad needs to move forward.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't understand where the supposed promises of reinvesting the bennett money came from... mogga's quotes on the MFC site:

"We did a lot of our business as early as we could in the transfer window and I'm not sitting here with the money from Joe's transfer burning a hole in my pocket," said Mowbray.

"To the chairman's great credit, he's probably paid out more than he intended, so this can help to balance the books. But there may be a little left to strengthen if we want to."

so basically, the bennett money was mainly to balance the books from the earlier signings.

but i do agree with people wondering why we wouldn't go for sharp etc on loan :s

Look at the Woodgate deal. Noone knew about it... Not even our ITK lads. So let's just wait and see

Magooder knew bout it.

Wasn't it Magooders cousins dogwalkers hairdresser or something who told him?

I just remember it was a fantastic story of how he knew.

Mags new about it and told us Binksey before it happend thats an unfair opinion

Aww sorry was that the my friend bumped into Mowbray post? If it was just a decoy to feed us info then I appoligise. I obviously fell for it :)

don't understand where the supposed promises of reinvesting the bennett money came from... mogga's quotes on the MFC site:

"We did a lot of our business as early as we could in the transfer window and I'm not sitting here with the money from Joe's transfer burning a hole in my pocket," said Mowbray.

"To the chairman's great credit, he's probably paid out more than he intended, so this can help to balance the books. But there may be a little left to strengthen if we want to."

so basically, the bennett money was mainly to balance the books from the earlier signings.

but i do agree with people wondering why we wouldn't go for sharp etc on loan :s

It wasnt specifically said about Bennett. But it was said at the start of the summer that we were in the position that we didnt need to sell any of our young stars, and if we did it would be for silly money and that it would go back into the squad.

My Woodgate story was my way of wanting to reveal the info without having to claim to be 'in the know'! LOL. I've 'come out' (for lack of a better word!) now though when I realised just how unbelievable it actually was. :P

My Woodgate story was my way of wanting to reveal the info without having to claim to be 'in the know'! LOL. I've explained all that now though when I realised just how unbelievable it actually was. :P

I totally believed you!

also lets get it straight, we received millions for Bennett and we had only spent thousands before him so....

Just ***ed of other teams have been able to strengthen.

Sharp to Forest is the eptomine of this

By standing still we have went backwards.

This is probably lost somewhere probably behind his ego but has Owen moved anywhere yet?

I'm not saying us but I'd assume he'll follow the money trail and might end up at a Championship club perhaps given how late in the day it is?

Does anyone actually understand how *** it is being In the Know!!!!!!!!!!!! :@ firstly you have me banging on about josh m and no one bloddy listening. then when it starts doing the rounds and its supposed to be 6 months and I'm SHOUTING a full season and still no one is listening then it happens and still nothing really!!!! no one said ***!!! so I hear something regarding fuller (sorry NB4) AND DECIDE *** it and tell eveyone hes at rockcliffe and having a medical today (info I was told was with a view too medical) and it goes to ***. I take the flack because Im wrong but when I'm right theres no positive.....................................................................................................................................so I decide to speak out about emnes and telling everyone that a £6m enquiry was accepted and it is in the papers the next day.