oneBoro Forum

Question about williams

He definatly was hyped too much by the boro fans way too soon.

But then thats boro fans for you, Curtis Main should be starting every game and Halliday should be getting a look in also because they score reserve goals.

Park won a penalty early in his career he should be playing.

Reach despute not being fit should be playing.

:D

When can we expect Jake Fowler to be given a squad number?

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN instructive to watch today's development squad game where we beat Huddersfield 5 - 2

Williams scored 2 in the first 25 minutes and Halliday nipped in with another. That's good to see as next season could be very important for them both. Huddersfield's squad was composed of those first teamers who needed a run out after injury and a few kids who are being given an opportunity to really show what they can do

The remaining scorers were Kneeshaw and Jackson who along with Jake Fowler are leaving the u 18 this year. To answer the Passengers query - all three may get a squad number next year. Depends who comes and who goes over the summer. I would not anticipate any of the guys mentioned being in the starting team next season but some mght well make up the bench alongside Adam Reach

I'd be shocked is any of Fowler, Kneeshaw or Jackson got a squad number next season.

Unless Williams, Park, Halliday, Reach, Dolan, Brobbel all get loaned out. :)

Powlay, have I missed a trick ? Is not Jacko no 3 centre half currently ?

Bates and Williams are injured; Gibson and Franks are on loan; Hines and McManus are playing.

In practical tems only Hines and Gibson are likely to be with the club next season Williams might be. He's still no 4 centre half on that basis

I did say dependant on comings and goings and Bates might return but he will not be here at the beginnning of the season

If he is no 4 then he ought to get a squad number so shocked you may be but logical it is

I honestly dont know where he stands pecking orderwise. Next season i also think Williams will step into the Bates role. There will be Hines and Gibson. And probably another.

McMahon additionally has been used centrally and i suspect would be again over Jackson.

I like the kid, he is a talent, great with the ball. Just needs to bulk up a bit. Im not sure but i think Burgess would come in and be at a similar position squad wise to JAckson?

There is no doubt that Rhys Williams will be centre back if McManus and Franks go as we must expect. He will probably line up with Hines rather than Gibson. Bates may or may not be there later in the season. Assuming that Williams is here next year, of course

McMahon is out of contract but may re-sign. If he does then yes it is a possibility that he will play centrally. However like Bates he is not really tall enough and he doesn't have Bates extraordinary jumping ability nor his pace

Jacko has played the second half of the seson, at least, at Centre back in the development / reserves. He's now in front of say Weldon and Oliver certainly. I would be exagggerating if I said he was commanding in the air at this level but I might well say that for u 18. I've not seen Burgess as yet and I'm not sure he has signed yet

Jacko is clearly being fast tracked maybe more out of necessity than readiness until Burgess appeared on the radar. The guy is clearly a good player and like Gibson plays football and is rarely flustered. They both seem to have time.

Can I apologise to Luke for hijacking his thread and everyone else for spending so much time on a side issue

By franks you mean Grounds?

I dont think Jacko is being fast tracked. He made Six league appearances for the reserves. Weldon isnt a centre back he played left back all season (10 appearances). Oliver has had an injury ridden season.

I think a signing may come in to strengthen defensivly rather than Jackson be advanced.

So it would be Hines, Gibson, Williams, signing, and as a back up McMahon. (then reserves in Burgess and Jackson because i dont think realalistically Oliverand Atkinson are tall enough)

"By franks you mean Grounds?" Yes of course I do - who's a stupid boy !

I was sure that Weldon played centre back at the beginning of the season. Hull ? certainly Adam Reach played left back that night. Fylde too ? but that was pre-season I guess.

Atkinson is certainly not tall enough. Oliver seems to be able to operate against bigger men more effectively and has a lovely first touch but I don't see him as a Matt Bates, more a Tony Mac.

Certainly I do not have the "inside track" that you do but Jacko has played full games recently. In the same way Fowler and Kneeshaw are getting shorter spells with a view to them being ready to take over more senior roles in the reserves next year. I see no other logical explanation ..... but it is the Boro

If Mowbray takes 4 hours to get to Rotherham's training ground with a sat nav what hope is there for us mere mortals second guessing the great man

I'm fully in agreement with the last post

So if Mowbray releases Hoyte and Grounds as is rumoured does that make Weldon our second choice left back. Adam Reach seems to be preferred in midfield so we do not seem to have a lot of options. From recollection Oliver and Atkinson are both right footers