• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Rodgers situation... I think he'll be exposed a bit at Liverpool. He was lucky to have a very solid foundation to build on at Swansea. Not saying he didn't do an excellent job but he certainly didn't get the ball rolling for their current brand of football. Swansea have had one good season in the Premier League.. Phil Brown, Owen Coyle, both were hailed as bright upcoming managers after the way they had Hull and Burnley doing in the Premiership. It's a big gamble by Liverpool but you can't blame Rodgers for taking such a huge job. Martinez would have been a better appointment imo.

Now, Swansea have the tough job of appointing a manager that buys into their current brand of football and will continue it on. That's why they need to look abroad, and I can't think of anyone better than Luis Enrique who is available on a free. Did brilliant with Barcelona B and was crucial in bringing through current youngsters like Isaac Cuenca. Didn't have the best of times at Roma but still had them playing some wonderful football and they finished the season with the second highest average possession, just behind champions Juventus.

I don't see why he wouldn't take the Swansea job to be honest. Mid-table Premier League side that arguably play the best football in the league. It's the sort of move he needs imo.

As for the Rodgers situation... I think he'll be exposed a bit at Liverpool. He was lucky to have a very solid foundation to build on at Swansea. Not saying he didn't do an excellent job but he certainly didn't get the ball rolling for their current brand of football.

Agreed. Martinez is who started off the whole footballing philosophy at Swansea before he moved to Wigan, then Sousa built on it. Rodgers has just had to keep the wave going, not an easy thing to do but compared to Martinez kicking it all off...

Wigan stuck with Martinez early in the season when they couldn't buy a win, and not only did he repay that faith by keeping them in the PL, he didn't immediately jump ship when a "bigger" club came calling. That's nice to see.

Yeah it's great to see. They're the closest club to where I live and I go to some of the games with my housemates, it's pretty obvious that the fans and the players love Martinez and he loves the club even when they're going through a bad patch.

Chelsea are gonna have a ridiculous wealth of talent going forward next season. They need to sort out their core as well, the likes of Mikel and to a lesser extent Essien and Lampard aren't gonna cut it in a title chasing side this year. Think they'll need to do a bit of work on their defence as well.

Agree. Unless Essien can get back to his best Chelsea could really do with a world class defensive midfielder and some cover in defense. A player like De Rossi or even bringing back Lass would certainly improve their team.