oneBoro Forum

England u 19

I guess that people wil realise that Connor Ripley did not play against Montenegro. Having seen the guy from Man U(?) Sam Johnstone who did play in goal I guess I can see why. Although the goal is one that I'd hae given Connor a chance of saving despite the fact that it was well struck.

With a must win game against Switzerland? on Wednesday evening I cannot see him getting a game.

Other than Will Keane about whom I have posted on the main Board I was very impressed with the first scorer against Serbia, Chalobah. He covers the ground very quickly and has a good pair of feet and can use his strength to get out of problem situations.

Eric Dier moved to from right back centre back in the second half allowing Tom Thorpe to move forward. Dier never put a foot wrong and Thorpe is a big strong lad who can pass well and drives at defences with purpose. George Thorne ( WBA) ? looked accomplished whilst he was on the field but did not have a real threatening pass but that may heve been due to the lack of a realistic outlet in the first half