oneBoro Forum

Bryn Morris re-signs

He was offered a scholarship at the club he didnt sigh it straight away but did in early july and has been used in the 2 U18 friendlies and played the full 90 for the dev side against Whitby.

So not so much re-signing.

Brilliant news but i think i remember this happened a few weeks ago. I hate clubs, usually Chelsea because their academy is rubbish in producing players from the local area so cherry pick all smaller clubs good youngsters before they sign a professional deal and try and make it as if they've came through their academy. Were always the target from big clubs as our academy is undoubtedly one of the greatest in the country. We must have to deal with this behind the scenes regularly as Wheater was targeted by Chelsea and Man Utd for years even up untill he signed his first professsional deal and that never hit any headlines.

I would put Chelsea's academy higher up than ours in all honesty. They do cherry pick talent thats the perks of being a huge club but they also bring some fantastic youths through who go onto be professionals at other sides, in the championship and abroad.

Bryn Morris was linked heavily with Liverpool by the way not Chelsea

Im sure they have more highly regarded youth coaches and spend more than us but I would still say ours is better in terms of regularly producing local talent. The only players I can pick out off the top of my head is John Terry but was at West Ham at junior level and Josh McEachran is the only one I can think of that they produced fully. There will be more though but I dont think they have had the same regularly stream of premier league quality players in recent years as us.

And ok I was sure the Gazette listed Chelsea as one of the main clubs but they musn't have been as keep as Liverpool then.