oneBoro Forum

Boro V Bury (Cup) (A)

Hey i know this is off topic but i cant seem to start a new thread! Im going to my first Boro game at the riverside this season against Sheff Wed! Im staying in Newcastle on a stag do and im going to travel to the game that Friday nite! Can anyone tell me where would b good 2 go for a few pints before the game or even what part of the ground is best to book my tickets??

Welcome along!

In terms of drinks, maybe the hairy lemon or anywhere really on the walk down from the train station. In terms of stadium, I'm a season ticket holder in north west stand and I'd thoroughly recommend it, north east, north and west are also good.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey i know this is off topic but i cant seem to start a new thread! Im going to my first Boro game at the riverside this season against Sheff Wed! Im staying in Newcastle on a stag do and im going to travel to the game that Friday nite! Can anyone tell me where would b good 2 go for a few pints before the game or even what part of the ground is best to book my tickets??

Welcome along!

In terms of drinks, maybe the hairy lemon or anywhere really on the walk down from the train station. In terms of stadium, I'm a season ticket holder in north west stand and I'd thoroughly recommend it, north east, north and west are also good.

When were you last in Boro?? The hairy lemon is called the pig iron now and is now a chav hotspot.

Think your best bet would be walkabout, always a decent atmosphere.

Welcome along!

When were you last in Boro?? The hairy lemon is called the pig iron now and is now a chav hotspot.

Think your best bet would be walkabout, always a decent atmosphere.

I'll admit, its been a while lol... don't really go into boro for drinks anyway cause let's face it, its not great. Last time I went in walkabout it seemed decent enough though.

I went to my first game at the riverside in 10 years last season sat in the west stand lower about 20ft behind the Boro bench. View was great but no atmosphere the best place for that seemed to be North or south east stands the SE were always bouncing and making noise but that could of just been because it was a snowy February day :) Doc browns was a good place for a pint after.

Cheers for that! Just one more ? how long dose it take to get from Newcastle 2 Middlesbrough and if I got a taxi how much dose it cost??? Sorry people im from Belfast so never been to the north east!!

Cheers for that! Just one more ? how long dose it take to get from Newcastle 2 Middlesbrough and if I got a taxi how much dose it cost??? Sorry people im from Belfast so never been to the north east!!

jpboro when I fly in from Dublin I normally hire a car for the weekend, will be far cheaper than taxi, normally costs about £50.00 for Friday morning to Sunday evening

I think you'll be best off getting the train mate, a taxi would be at least £30 I reckon and the train shouldn't be much more than a tenner and the train station is only about 10 mins (if that) from the ground. Taxi would take about an hourish and train will be about 40 mins.

Jp, a taxi from Newcastle to Boro will be about £60 at least. If you're getting one straight from the airport, even more. You'd be better off getting in a few days early, walking to Hartlepool and getting the bus!

jp train it from newcastle central to the boro, not sure if you will have to chance at sunderland but shouldn't be any hassle. train station is 5 mins walk from the stadium. simples :)

If you travel by train you can go on the line down the coast via Sunderland, Hartlepool and lots of smaller stations - but it does take an awfully long time. It tends to be much quicker to get the mainline train to Darlington and then get the Darlington to Saltburn train. If you plan this and get the right connections it takes under an hour but the coast route can take nearly an hour and a half (and is often delayed).