oneBoro Forum

Predictions League 2012/13 Round 1 - Saturday 18th August 2012

I deleted my last post and would like to say I'm sorry for upsetting any old wounds but I cant hide my dissapointment. and will now air my views in mute in fear of causing Pandoras box from yet again opening and everyone having a good ol cry to whover will listen :( :( :@

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

i don't know the bloke and i don't want too

welshy has put so much time and effort into the PL and gets very little credit...people take for granted how much time must go into the running of....that aside, the guy is a top bloke

i for one would be devastated if he was to leave

I deleted my last post and would like to say I'm sorry for upsetting any old wounds but I cant hide my dissapointment. and will now air my views in mute in fear of causing Pandoras box from yet again opening and everyone having a good ol cry to whover will listen :( :( :@

:rolleyes:

past two nights have not been the proudest in oneboro history... Whens the last time two threads had to be closed in two days? Vb is away for a short while and ot all goes to hell!

Its all very well sitting here and saying that people shoild have thick skin on the internet, but when you put in the sheer amojnt of effort and dedication that rich has into the predictions league, and he got the amount of grief he did from one person , who then got supported by others, he has every right to pack it in.

I dont think its fair to blame those that showed support necessarily ds, as im sure they didnt know the extent of the trouble he caused. I know that i didnt, as i always stayed out of it.

That being said, i hope rich reconsiders in time because as said hes a top bloke and is a credit to this forum that i for one am very proud of most of the time.

Barnsley v Middlesbrough - Away (Ledesma)

Birmingham v Charlton - Draw (BWP)

Burnley v Bolton - Away (Andrews)

Crystal Palace v Watford - Home (Zaha)

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday - Away (Chris Maguire)

Hull v Brighton - Home (Aluko)

Ipswich v Blackburn - Draw (Kazim-Richards)

Leicester v Peterborough - Home (Vardy)

Millwall v Blackpool - Away (Trotter)

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City - Home (Cox)

Hi, I've had time to think about this, and I'm extremely sorry and upset to say that I won't be back lads :(

When I first joined the predictions league (then run by Kayleigh) everyone got on well. But as soon as Kay passed over the running to Andy, Alex proceeded to make several people's life hell on the 606 forum and on the PL website - which Andy nearly had to pull down. To the point that Andy had to be talked into returning and some members could not put up with it anymore.

His abuse towards Kayleigh in the final days of 606 could only and must only be defined as online bullying as he called her this, that everything.

His constant abuse of Andy, Dyrewolf (that's Huntsboro) and Kayleigh I believe led to some people not wishing to continue in the PL + that includes myself.

We took pity on him several times, but everytime it slipped back to the same situation. I was then much upset my some comments he made about me in an email sent during the time when he was suspended from here last Christmas time.

I am now in a position where good friends of mine no longer wish to be involved in the predictions league due to the threat of Alex's presence. Hence I came on the forum like a shot - and was not able to bite my tongue.

Some comments made last night by individuals and on this very thread (I know that comment was then deleted) gave the firm impression to me that I myself need to get off my pedestal + that I should accept these so called insults as a part of forum life - that people need to harden up.

Well I'm sorry, but bullying exists online as much as it does in the outside world, and if I can not feel at ease in any situation then I will take myself out of that situation.

I didn't appreciate comments last night, I didn't appreciate Alex predicting on here as if nothing has ever happened, and I am upset because I feel I am letting a lot of people down by leaving.

But, I am sure that people would not wish me to continue on a forum where I do not feel comfortable anymore.

People can say that I should stop being so soft skinned - but I put up with enough of stuff as a young person in this line + I'm not going to put myself in a similar frame of mind again.

I have to add that for all of you I have met and enjoyed meeting on here you are all stars and I will greatly miss you. Some of you I will chat to on twitter I am sure + I will keep in contact with you.

I hope the PL will continue, it deserves to for all of you great people. I'm going to copy the addresses for the 6 of you still waiting for a scarf - but that will be the last thing I do on this in the main fantastic website.

I am so sorry for letting you all down, and whilst the urge is still there for me to stay in someways I am that upset by the situation I have in my own mind that it is enough for me to want to leave.

Will miss you all :(

Take care,

Rich (Welshy)

Alex is a ***, simple as that, you let him back and he will cause trouble. He was back for a day and look what has happened. I've had grief from Alex, so have many people and it will all start again.

Also, people can go on about thick skin and what not but that's a load of crap, one of the members that mentioned it had me banned for a week a few months back all because I wound him up a bit and called him a nasty name.

And now Welshy is leaving, all because people want this lowlife back, I pose the question, was it ***ing worth it?

I'll answer that, no it ***ing wasn't, idiots.

Barnsley v Middlesbrough - Away (Ledesma)

Birmingham v Charlton - Home (Zigic)

Burnley v Bolton - Draw (No goalscorer)

Crystal Palace v Watford - Draw (Some guy for Watford, who ever wears number 10 - According to Wikipedia this is Iwelumo)

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday Home - (Tyson)

Hull v Brighton - Draw (Noone, and I mean the brighton player, not a goalless draw :p)

Ipswich v Blackburn Away - (Pedersen)

Leicester v Peterborough Home - (St Ledger)

Millwall v Blackpool Away - (Tom Ince)

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City - Home (Cox)

On behalf of everyone Rich can I say thank you for all the previous efforts you put into the running of the PL which enhanced this forum greatly and how very sad it is that it has come to this.

I wonder if anyone is smiling over this situation?

Rich, you have done a great job and have provided a lot of amusement, it's such a shame that a few morons had to go and ruin it. I have to say that you will always be welcome (by the vast majority) it you ever do decide to rejoin.

I'm sorry but throwing lines like morons and idiots jsut dont achieve anything or bother anyone I said I want him to stay (welshy) and that because of how exciting the new season sounds that people should be allowed a return it doesnt make me a moron to be fair I didnt know alex from 606 so I am going to have different views on this topic and him.

Prowler your still my fav poster on this forum and at least you haave the balls to say im a *** (moron) but I wont cry about it. I wasnt trying to even involve the P.L in the thread it was a simple vote but some threw strops. I am sorry for stirring the couldron wasnt my intent I just wanted to air my views and if I can do that on a forum of football for a football fan then perhaps I should right a leaving note and go see my mum for cuddles.

It was more of a "moron"/"idiot" comment at thinking Alex could change, he's had chance after ***ing chance and has apologised countless times and every time he comes back and within a couple of days he's back to his old ***ish self. It's simply not worth having him on here.

Also, it was directed as a pure insult, I have only done that to 2 people (maybe 3, cannot remember if I have insulted Zhimai yet :P) on here, 1 being Alex, the other got me banned and then started spouting off about people needing to have thick skin. Internet bullying (which is what Alex done to a lot of people, not myself, he just ***ed me off) is still bullying, regardless and it should not be tolerated at all.

Yeah, occasionally someone calls someone a name out of anger but that's not bullying, what Alex did was deliberately try and hurt people, his insults and taunts were relentless, hence why he is no longer a part of this forum and why people feel so strongly about not wanting him back.

You're relatively new to Alex, don't think you were around much for him so you didn't really know too well (although that doesn't excuse the comments about thick skin and what not because let's face it, it's a load of bull, not everyone is going to have the same personality, it's not think skin or soft skin it's simply that people are different) but some on these forums should have ***ing known better.

point taken mate I dont really believe in online bullying and thats my opinion online bullies and also the people who can suffer from online bullies shouldnt be online. its only text format lives need to be got if you can be bullied on a forum.

not that i get offended by what is said if it was to be directed at me but you are not the one to decide whether something is bullying or not...if a person takes offence and takes comments to heart, in their opinion, they have been bullied.

so whether you believe in it or not is not the point because you are still here....welshy obviously beleived in it!

not having a go...just really disapointed that we as a collective boro fan group are so split and are argueing