• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Whatever happened to reasonable doubt. Sounds like they've just decided to make an example out of him.

I've been out on a night, drunk, picked up a girl and went home, without any knowledge of it. I wouldn't say I've been raped.

It's a terrible, terrible crime with zero justification and is so brutal I can't imagine anyone who isn't completely twisted committing it... But some people need to take responsibility for their actions and just because she was drunk and woke up feeling a bit ashamed about what she'd done the night before doesn't mean a man's life should be ruined. Rape is a life sentence in people's minds, you'll never get away from hate because of that conviction.

Rape is terrible, terrible and obviously date raping and stuff does happen, of course.

But if it did go down like this suggests then..what the hell.

What I don't understand is how, according to the jury, Evans is more guilty of rape than McDonald? What, the jury believed that she initiated it with McDonald but then, what, Evans just helped himself afterwards?

I knew a girl who was so embarrassed by how drunk she got she claimed rape on the boy she slept with. Luckily she eventually caved and admitted he didn't rape her. Even that put that poor boy through hell and I hope this isn't what this girl has done.

It's a tough situation though, because..I mean, the idea of consent in this situation is such a grey area, it's very difficult to prove whether she had the faculties to agree to sex and understand her choice. It doesn't sound like she was totally unconscious (which would obviously make that clear cut rape).

Such a difficult topic and can often be difficult to not come off looking like a..I don't know Rape Apologist or a victim blamer, because rape is a serious problem and no matter what people can not protect abusers or blame the victims.

Rape is terrible, terrible and obviously date raping and stuff does happen, of course.

What I don't understand is how, according to the jury, Evans is more guilty of rape than McDonald? What, the jury believed that she initiated it with McDonald but then, what, Evans just helped himself afterwards?

I knew a girl who was so embarrassed by how drunk she got she claimed rape on the boy she slept with. Luckily she eventually caved and admitted he didn't rape her. Even that put that poor boy through hell and I hope this isn't what this girl has done.

It's a tough situation though, because..I mean, the idea of consent in this situation is such a grey area, it's very difficult to prove whether she had the faculties to agree to sex and understand her choice. It doesn't sound like she was totally unconscious (which would obviously make that clear cut rape).

Such a difficult topic and can often be difficult to not come off looking like a..I don't know Rape Apologist or a victim blamer, because rape is a serious problem and no matter what people can not protect abusers or blame the victims.

Its a very difficult topic, and has many grey areas. I would have zero respect for a guy that took advantage of me while rat ass drunk (does normal guys even do that?) I might be more forgiving if they are drunk themselves, but if they are rat assed they usually cant get it up anyway.... I would never accuse anyone for rape in that case though.

Did Evans ever appeal the conviction? If not it says a lot really!

Still.. Tricky area to police in absolute terms.

I personally wouldn't want him at my club but I don't think he should be stopped from doing his job. A portion of his salary should, however, be donated to a relevant charity.

I personally wouldn't want him at my club but I don't think he should be stopped from doing his job. A portion of his salary should, however, be donated to a relevant charity.

He's done his time. Why should a portion of his wages go to charity? Should a released murderer then pay an even bigger proportion of his wages to charity because the crime is more severe?

Its a very difficult topic, and has many grey areas. I would have zero respect for a guy that took advantage of me while rat ass drunk (does normal guys even do that?) I might be more forgiving if they are drunk themselves, but if they are rat assed they usually cant get it up anyway.... I would never accuse anyone for rape in that case though.

I totally agree. If he took advantage of a drunk girl while sober then that would be more black and white.

It's suggested he was out drinking too though, which is what muddies the water here.

It's such a delicate situation and I hope both sets can hopefully move on, although I understand she's probably had a hard time dealing with it.

He's done his time. Why should a portion of his wages go to charity? Should a released murderer then pay an even bigger proportion of his wages to charity because the crime is more severe?

Completely agree with BD.

I'm fairly sure he did appeal the conviction.

I totally agree. If he took advantage of a drunk girl while sober then that would be more black and white.

It's suggested he was out drinking too though, which is what muddies the water here.

It's such a delicate situation and I hope both sets can hopefully move on, although I understand she's probably had a hard time dealing with it.

She said she remembers none of it, can't have had that a hard time

Hasn't he technically only done half of his time?

Ok maybe I jumped the gun with the wages comment but do I believe people who commit crimes need to pay some penance back to society? Certainly!

She said she remembers none of it, can't have had that a hard time

At the time of the case their was a big fuss because one of he's team mates named her and let everyone know that before she went to the police about it she contacted the club and asked for money.

She was also on Facebook taking about what she was going to spend her compo on. A holiday to Australia ect.

She didnt come across has someone struggling to deal with what had happened.

It's shocking that he was convicted in the first place. She looked capable of consent when she walked into the hotel room, it's not like she was that drunk that she has to be carried into the hotel room or was wheeled in, in a wheel barrow!.

It seems like she felt that they disrespected her by leaving her to wake up on her own after they got what they wanted, well if she shows no respect to herself, then she can't be surprised when they don't treat her with any. I bet that, if she woke up and they were still there in the morning, then there's no way she would have gone to the police.

Little snippet from the BBC gossip column says Peter Kenyon has been appointed as an advisor to Atletico Madrid to expand their international presence. Of interest given his links to us previously.

Little snippet from the BBC gossip column says Peter Kenyon has been appointed as an advisor to Atletico Madrid to expand their international presence. Of interest given his links to us previously.

And given that we have links to Athletico...