oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Even the B licence isn't designed for coaching kids.   If what we are after is coaches to take kids from 5 yrs to 15 yrs and develop thier skills etc the B is overkill.  Level 2 and the youth modules is where we need to get local coaches.  So the few that are good enough get to 14-16 yrs old with the skills they need to move up and on

What we are after is an overall improvement in coaching at all levels in this country. Having more UEFA A standard coaches can only help that. The 15,000, or whatever it is, UEFA A coaches in Spain aren't all at professional clubs, they are applying their higher level of knowledge to the grassroots of their countries football coaching. As a result they, as a country, are producing significantly more top class players than we are.

We do probably need more a level coaches but for most people coaching in this country that don't have ambitions to coach for academies the level 2 and the youth modules are quite sufficient.  Most coaches coach the kids until U16 then stop. If they want to coach U17 U18 U19. Then they could do with level 3 or even A licence but anything under non league level U18 U21.  Doesn't need A level qualification

That sort of feels like you're just describing the problem.

Why wouldn't/shouldn't youth teams want/need coaches with A licences.

The modules you mentioned clearly aren't "quite sufficient" because we're still teaching kids dross.

Because I would guess we also have very few level 2 coaches and the ones we have probably don't have the youth modules

To use an analogy.  

We want to teach our kids infant and junior school maths we could train our teachers to PhD level maths but there's no point.  But at the moment we have a load of teachers that are good at maths. What we need is these guys that are good at maths to take a teaching cert  so they know how to get across their knowledge to kids

Once the kids go to uni to do maths then yes they then need teachers with the A qualification

I'd agree that from non league U18s upwards the coaches should have A level qualification and that is where we probably don't.  I know of local non league teams that only require level 1 to coach their youth squads

Kids' brains are like sponges. There's a reason guitar virtuosos all tend to all have picked up the instrument when they were around 5/6. It's the best time to learn anything. Show them a stepover in Nursery and go from there, we'll have a nation of gifted footballers

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What we are after is an overall improvement in coaching at all levels in this country. Having more UEFA A standard coaches can only help that. The 15,000, or whatever it is, UEFA A coaches in Spain aren't all at professional clubs, they are applying their higher level of knowledge to the grassroots of their countries football coaching. As a result they, as a country, are producing significantly more top class players than we are.

We do probably need more a level coaches but for most people coaching in this country that don't have ambitions to coach for academies the level 2 and the youth modules are quite sufficient.  Most coaches coach the kids until U16 then stop. If they want to coach U17 U18 U19. Then they could do with level 3 or even A licence but anything under non league level U18 U21.  Doesn't need A level qualification

That sort of feels like you're just describing the problem.

Why wouldn't/shouldn't youth teams want/need coaches with A licences.

The modules you mentioned clearly aren't "quite sufficient" because we're still teaching kids dross.

Because I would guess we also have very few level 2 coaches and the ones we have probably don't have the youth modules

To use an analogy.  

We want to teach our kids infant and junior school maths we could train our teachers to PhD level maths but there's no point.  But at the moment we have a load of teachers that are good at maths. What we need is these guys that are good at maths to take a teaching cert  so they know how to get across their knowledge to kids

Once the kids go to uni to do maths then yes they then need teachers with the A qualification

I'd agree that from non league U18s upwards the coaches should have A level qualification and that is where we probably don't.  I know of local non league teams that only require level 1 to coach their youth squads

Kids' brains are like sponges. There's a reason guitar virtuosos all tend to all have picked up the instrument when they were around 5/6. It's the best time to learn anything. Show them a stepover in Nursery and go from there, we'll have a nation of gifted footballers

Quite true

That's what bad losers do and it's clear that he wasn't bothered in the least about what he had just done His "up yours" attitude to Winston Reid is also typical of that type of player. (Was it WR whose blood was boiling?)

That's what bad losers do and it's clear that he wasn't bothered in the least about what he had just done His "up yours" attitude to Winston Reid is also typical of that type of player. (Was it WR whose blood was boiling?)

WR and Noble yeah.

Anyone else read up on the rule changes? Glad to see their trying to stop players crowding the ref which gets quite intimidatory at times.

One of the ones I don't get is players are no longer allowed to feint at the end of a run up to a penalty but can still feint during a run up... Seems a bit of an unnecessary change and potentially confusing. Anyone any idea what the point is of it?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10512322/laws-of-the-game-changes-ahead-of-the-201617-premier-league-season

while were on the subject of rules ,heres one that has had me wondering forquite a few years now.

Are Linesmen NOT allowed to purposely touch the ball/

its just that ive seen quite a few occasions where the ball has gone out of play and stopped next to a linesman and he,s completely ignored it letting someone run from 2o yds away to retrieve it.

while were on the subject of rules ,heres one that has had me wondering forquite a few years now.

Are Linesmen NOT allowed to purposely touch the ball/

its just that ive seen quite a few occasions where the ball has gone out of play and stopped next to a linesman and he,s completely ignored it letting someone run from 2o yds away to retrieve it.

Could be seen as giving someone an advantage if they take a quick throw I guess. Particularly if they do it for one and then not the next.

Then the Sun will find out that the linesmen was born 20 miles away from the team he "helped" and then a witchhunt for which teams linesmen support will kick off.

Best to just not touch it than get photographed near that Pandora's box

Not just that, it could speed up the game for a team chasing a deficit.

Having said that sometimes they could just use common sense. Actually common sense isn't all that common with officials.

I think a lot of them struggle with the balance between all the specific rules and perceived common sense to be fair to them. Has to be hard when some of the rules seem a little silly, or extreme, or may not apply to a particular situation, but I'm sure they'd get a right bollocking from their higher-ups if they made a mistake against the written rule.