• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Joey Barton banned for 18 months...

BBC Sport site has him placing 1260 bets in 48 days???? Hope that is a typo or the lad has a real problem!!

I'm sure that is in 10 years, solely on football.

Yeah, article amended to 2006, makes more sense now

Joey raises some bloody good points and I do believe the punishment is rather harsh. Effectively ended his career.

It's not like he's 'just' broken the rules, he's stamped all over them and ***ed on their corpse. The rule is really incredibly clear...

I think the only fair thing to do is relegate West Ham and stop Newcastle being promoted. All of a sudden the battle for 19th would be pivotal!

That will just make us all feel even more gutted when we finish 20th, and still go down!!

(Imagine that - LOL)  :-/  :-/

Lol, yeah, that would the icing on the cake of this season. Anyways, if Newcastle will get points deducted it will only be next season. I imagine this case will spend some time in the courts.

Players betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of 12 months.

Players never betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of  6 months.

Barton is in to the second group so how come he gets banned for 18 months with a £30,000 fine? (Other player fines aren't mentioned but any sort of monetary punishment must be especially painful for gambling addicts.)

Never thought I would ever say this but I actually feel sorry for the bad boy.

Players betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of 12 months.

Players never betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of  6 months.

Barton is in to the second group so how come he gets banned for 18 months with a £30,000 fine? (Other player fines aren't mentioned but any sort of monetary punishment must be especially painful for gambling addicts.)

Have any of the previously punished players done it on the scale that Barton has?

Have any of the previously punished players done it on the scale that Barton has?

Barton has done both, he even admits to betting on himself as first scorer when at City

In that case his appeal should be a piece of cake unless there are further issues to consider such as past misdemeanours or volume of of the indiscretion.

In that case his appeal should be a piece of cake unless there are further issues to consider such as past misdemeanours or volume of of the indiscretion.

He has admitted to betting on both matches he played in and those he did not, even betting on his team to lose when not in the match day squad. I can see him getting a reduced ban of 12 months based on the more serious nature of the breaches.

What a weird day for football.

On the subject of Newcastle and West Ham. It couldn't have happened to nicer clubs. Karma is a bitch. :D :D

Apparently they could both potentially start next season with a 10/12 points deduction. Mate at work who's a Newcastle fan reckon they're going straight back down if that's the case. Don't see Rafa staying too. :D