• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Stoke and West Brom have a solid Premier League stability that most of the clubs in the country could only dream of. I have no idea why people don't respect them.

Stoke and West Brom have a solid Premier League stability that most of the clubs in the country could only dream of. I have no idea why people don't respect them.

Memes. 

"But could he do it on a cold night......"

And Tony Pulis, of course. But I completely agree, both solid Premier League teams and have been for a long time now.

I really would not begrudge Monk telling us to sod off, it that indeed is the policy the club has taken.

Wait. A multi million pound business wants to scour the market and look at all possibilities for a key position before making a decision? Surely Monk can't be upset about that. If three clubs were calling him I'm sure he'd like to hear what they had to say. It's part and parcel of looking for a job. Maybe he was watching the final today hoping Huddersfield would win it as it's given him a chance of landing the best job in the championship.

Huddersfield, Wagner or no Wagner, are pretty much statistically doomed to go down. Promoted with -2 goal difference? By what factor will that multiply in the Premier League? 8/13 are good odds.

Yes it is and he has done wonders there, however I can't stop thinking why he has gotten that "full throttle high speed tactics" brand. Granted I haven't seen much of them but the games I've seen throughout the season and in the playoffs have been fairly laboured. They scored the second fewest goals in the top-12, had a negative goal difference and their play off games ended 0-0, 1-1, 0-0 and Wednesday even scored their only goal. And to top it off they won two penalty shoot outs. A team in the top 6 with a negative goal difference has never been seen before and probably never will again. With the risk of taking something away from Wagner that is incredibly lucky. An anomaly.

Yes it is and he has done wonders there, however I can't stop thinking why he has gotten that "full throttle high speed tactics" brand. Granted I haven't seen much of them but the games I've seen throughout the season and in the playoffs have been fairly laboured. They scored the second fewest goals in the top-12, had a negative goal difference and their play off games ended 0-0, 1-1, 0-0 and Wednesday even scored their only goal. And to top it off they won two penalty shoot outs. A team in the top 6 with a negative goal difference has never been seen before and probably never will again. With the risk of taking something away from Wagner that is incredibly lucky. An anomaly.

They play a quick, high tempo game off the ball and get the ball forward quickly when they have it. I don't think he's lucky. I remember watching Boro at Huddersfield during Wagners first season and we barely had a 10 minute spell of being on top in the whole game. They never let us settle on the ball and they kept the ball really well. Unfortunately for them Ain’t Nobody Like Nsue..

They play a quick, high tempo game off the ball and get the ball forward quickly when they have it. I don't think he's lucky. I remember watching Boro at Huddersfield during Wagners first season and we barely had a 10 minute spell of being on top in the whole game. They never let us settle on the ball and they kept the ball really well. Unfortunately for them Ain’t Nobody Like Nsue..

Well their high tempo pressing and getting the ball forward quickly doesn't really transform into goals. In fact the table says it leads to conceding more as the players are likely pulled out of position or at least weakening the defense. Maybe he just needs better players though.

They played a fast paced high pressing game for most of the season. Due to a super thin squad they used fewer players than anyone else in the championship. It's no suprise that over a 46 game season plus play offs and a good cup run, they were visibly tired towards the end. You could notice it just after Christmas to be honest. I think Wagner must have noticed this as they adjusted their tactics slightly and slowed the intensity towards the end of the season. It would have been good to see what he could have done with us. Having a bigger squad with higher quality and a bigger budget I'm sure he would have 'smashed' the league this coming year.

They played a fast paced high pressing game for most of the season. Due to a super thin squad they used fewer players than anyone else in the championship. It's no suprise that over a 46 game season plus play offs and a good cup run, they were visibly tired towards the end. You could notice it just after Christmas to be honest. I think Wagner must have noticed this as they adjusted their tactics slightly and slowed the intensity towards the end of the season. It would have been good to see what he could have done with us. Having a bigger squad with higher quality and a bigger budget I'm sure he would have 'smashed' the league this coming year.

I was at the play-off final yesterday (with some Huddersfield mates). I genuinely thought that both Huddersfield and Reading looked better than us.

Maybe hard to compare, because we've played better opposition this season, but given the slow pace with which we've got used to playing, I don't think we'd have caused either of them too much trouble.

It's amazing that Huddersfield's record transfer is currently £1.8M - to get to the PL with that is astonishing.

Mooy - maybe we should make a move for him. Looked good, and was in the Championship team of the season this year. On loan at 'Town from Man City, who will surely look to cash in and sell him now??

Pretty much this.

Leicester did the same when they won the Premier League. When we remember it, we think about the 3-2s and the end-to-end football they played at the beginning of the season. But actually, towards the end, Ranieri slowed it all down, and they ground out most of their games after February as 1-0s, or 2-0 with the second being a late counter attack.

I do get the feeling we've missed a very promising manager in Wagner, and it would have been interesting to see how a Reading win yesterday would have differently affected the managerial merry-go-round this summer.

EDIT: When I typed Wagner, I accidentally spelt it 'Wagnew', who is some kind of unholy bearded, bald hybrid who fluctuates between a charismatic German and a hapless Yorkshireman.

We MAY have missed out on Wagner. There is nothing to suggest he was coming here if they didn't go up. Granted the chances were greater, but he still has a contract at Huddersfield and would probably have had interest from the Bundesliga too. Anyway it's a moot point now. Well done Huddersfield and Wagner.

We MAY have missed out on Wagner. There is nothing to suggest he was coming here if they didn't go up. Granted the chances were greater, but he still has a contract at Huddersfield and would probably have had interest from the Bundesliga too. Anyway it's a moot point now. Well done Huddersfield and Wagner.

Yes quite right, I should have worded it 'we have missed out on a chance to get a very promising manager'