oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Does anyone know if clubs conduct random alcohol and drugs tests on players during the season? Asking for a friend...

I don’t know for sure. But would be shocked if they didn’t.

Isn’t the story that it was one of the things McLaren introduced following the Robson era?

Thank You

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Does anyone know if clubs conduct random alcohol and drugs tests on players during the season? Asking for a friend...

Isn’t the story that it was one of the things McLaren introduced following the Robson era?

I’d be surprised if they did. If they found out a player was taking drugs they would be honour bound to report it to the fa which would be counter productive

I’d be surprised if they did.  If they found out a player was taking drugs they would be honour bound to report it to the fa which would be counter productive

Eh? How is reporting drug use to the FA counter-productive to us? Are the FA going to fine us for our players using drugs? Surely they'd punish the player unless we weren't the ones to report it and should have been?

Even if they punished the player by suspending him, what good is having a drugged up/alcohol-fuelled player on the pitch for us? If someone's suffering through drug/alcohol abuse, the last thing they need to be doing is playing football for this club. By all means support them through that period, help them out as much as possible, of course.

I’d be surprised if they did.  If they found out a player was taking drugs they would be honour bound to report it to the fa which would be counter productive

Eh? How is reporting drug use to the FA counter-productive to us? Are the FA going to fine us for our players using drugs? Surely they'd punish the player unless we weren't the ones to report it and should have been?

Even if they punished the player by suspending him, what good is having a drugged up/alcohol-fuelled player on the pitch for us? If someone's suffering through drug/alcohol abuse, the last thing they need to be doing is playing football for this club. By all means support them through that period, help them out as much as possible, of course.

I’m sure players take the odd drug now and again the same as they get drunk now and again it doesn’t make them drug addled and booze fuelled. But if we discovered one of our players had used and reported it he could be suspended for a yr how would that be good for us . Of course the club would like to know to help them but putting ourselves in a no win situation doesn’t seem like a clever move

I’m sure I can remember DeRoon missing the train home from a London game (possibly WHam) after being selected for a random drug test after the game??

That could have been an FA/Premier League one though? I think the question was about whether we/clubs in general do their own testing?

I'm sure that there's a secret drug ban for some failed tests. Berahino had that recently for cocaine but the cover was only blown after he was sold.

Hmmmm I remember this. I remember that when Downing broke his leg a few comments were that it was a cover for a drug problem. Wonder how rife it is in the game..

I’m sure I can remember DeRoon missing the train home from a London game (possibly WHam) after being selected for a random drug test after the game??

That could have been an FA/Premier League one though? I think the question was about whether we/clubs in general do their own testing?

Yer you are right will probably be an FA/Prem random test and not a clubs. I wouldn’t have thought clubs test own players and the random tests from the leagues is probably seen as enough of a deterrent.

Penalty or not in the Liverpool - Everton game?

No way for me

I think the word pundits like to use now is ‘soft’. For when a penalty is given that wouldn’t be given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

Wolves 0-0 Swansea, 10 v 10 at the moment. Vinagre off for Wolves, Fer off for Swansea. Also just noticed that Connor Roberts has gone straight into Swansea's team for the game today. From the team-sheet, looks like he's playing right wing-back.