oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Bielsa was known for playing a very high tempo pressing game, I'm not sure whether he will be able to carry that out in a 46 game season where they're playing 3 games a week quite often.

The worry for me is that he will have probably be given some guarantee over money to bring his own players in.

If you go back 12 months no one expected Wolves and Cardiff to be the best 2 teams. Maybe we'll see a couple of surprises again next season like Leeds and Forest?

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I mentioned Bielsa's name when we were looking for managers, but if I'd thought about it more we wouldn't have the players that suited. It's the kind of all or nothing tactics and formation that needs the correct fit in every position or it will fail.

If you look at the outstanding quality he had at Marsielle (where he didn't exactly make waves) vs the inept team he made at Lille that were rock bottom, when he got fired. He needs a specific squad, I can see these types of high pressing tactics failing in a very direct league where teams often pump it long...

You need technical players with game intelligence who are willing to work hard to make it work, looking at the Leeds team there have a lot of technical players in Aloiski, Saiz, Forshaw and Hernandez. The problem he will have is with the CBs and Wingbacks in the 3-3-3-1 formation. They'll definitely be a team to watch this season, can only see it succeeding dramatically or failing dramatically...

Bielsa was known for playing a very high tempo pressing game, I'm not sure whether he will be able to carry that out in a 46 game season where they're playing 3 games a week quite often.

The worry for me is that he will have probably be given some guarantee over money to bring his own players in.

If you go back 12 months no one expected Wolves and Cardiff to be the best 2 teams. Maybe we'll see a couple of surprises again next season like Leeds and Forest?

Guarantees at Leeds mean nothing :liar: I have just read that he was promised the players he has pointed out even before signing. I can see this ending in tears before the window shuts :funny:

Guarantees at Leeds mean nothing :liar: I have just read that he was promised the players he has pointed out even before signing. I can see this ending in tears before the window shuts :funny:

Don't tempt fate!

Exactly what happened at Lazio, in a more bizarre fashion from Bielsa's point of view. He started his contract 6th July, left on the 8th but said he left because the club didn't sign his targets by the 1st July. Also, how Bielsa will work with Orta, I'll never know.

Exactly what happened at Lazio, in a more bizarre fashion from Bielsa's point of view. He started his contract 6th July, left on the 8th but said he left because the club didn't sign his targets by the 1st July. Also, how Bielsa will work with Orta, I'll never know.

Sounds like it could go either way then :)

Carl Ikeme in remission from his leukaemia.. Fantastic news and I hope he continues fighting and we see him back on a foot all pitch in the near future

That is great news  :fist:

Yes fantastic news. Keep fighting Carl

The winner of the 2011 Teesside's Least Physically Strong Man award, Willo Flood, has left Dunfermline, who he only signed for last week.

The winner of the 2011 Teesside's Least Physically Strong Man award, Willo Flood, has left Dunfermline, who he only signed for last week.

Hmm Bali or Dunfermline.. Tough call

Will deffo need sun cream though!

But remember *that* goal :o

Rumour has it Juve have offered 88million for Ronaldo. They are meant to be seriously considering it and another is Mbappe may go to Real for a world record transfer.

It's an interesting bid for Ronaldo still one of the best but heading into the twilight years of his career. It seems too good to turn down for me.

Rumour has it Juve have offered 88million for Ronaldo. They are meant to be seriously considering it and another is Mbappe may go to Real for a world record transfer.

It's an interesting bid for Ronaldo still one of the best but heading into the twilight years of his career. It seems too good to turn down for me.

Yeh I think £90m for Ronaldo at this stage in his career will be hard to turn down. I expect a few English teams to be interested at that price.