oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

West Brom certainly knocking Leeds about a bit, and playing some nice football - they look powerful and pacey tonight

Lol I read this and I thought, hmm was 0-0 at half I wonder if anything interesting has happened.

4-0.

Lol.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Is this the most *** Championship season ever? Not one of the teams is averaging 2 points per game after 17 games or so...

Waiting on someone saying competitive rather than ***, which is ***.

Is this the most *** Championship season ever?  Not one of the teams is averaging 2 points per game after 17 games or so...

Waiting on someone saying competitive rather than ***, which is ***.

Well there's a lot to take in here, but lets start with:

Why does it mean *** and not competitive.

Or, even better, why do the two have to be mutually exclusive?

I think that no team averaging 2 points per game makes it a fantastic championship. It is really competitive from top to bottom and the Boro are going to win it under our very shrewd and experienced manager. UTB

Think the closeness of the league just highlights how much we need to back our manager in January with some good transfer buys. I still do not like the way pulis plays (more to life than winning etc etc) but he deserves a chance at promotion if we are still in touch come the end of the year and then we need to spend wisely, i.e. not another 3 CMs who don’t create chances and a loaner striker but instead some attacking midfielders and some competition for full back.

Think the closeness of the league just highlights how much we need to back our manager in January with some good transfer buys. I still do not like the way pulis plays (more to life than winning etc etc) but he deserves a chance at promotion if we are still in touch come the end of the year and then we need to spend wisely, i.e. not another 3 CMs who don’t create chances and a loaner striker but instead some attacking midfielders and some competition for full back.

Totally agree with that. We brought Pulis in knowing he plays a certain brand of football and if that football has us on the fringes of the top 2 in January we need to back him.

A couple of flair players and a good striker might be enough to get us over the line. If we have to sell a couple of strikers to fund it then so be it.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/445009/championship-leeds-aston-villa-derby-breakaway-efl-football-league-tv-deal/amp/

15 Championship clubs, including Leeds, Aston Villa and Derby, threaten to break away from EFL over new TV deal

It's kind of a difficult situation. On one hand you only have to look at La Liga to see what a skewed TV deal does. It's a really bad situation for the competitiveness of the league if some teams are earning more money than others. Just under 3 million isn't much, and you'd think they would be able to negotiate a better deal than the previous deal with more games being shown. The Championship is certainly getting more popular in Denmark with at least 2 live games a week. 

On the other hand, those clubs that are shown live most, like Leeds and Villa, are bound to suffer from a decrease in matchday attendances. Maybe they should give a bit more for a live TV game, although that isn't mentioned in the article. For the sake of the league I hope they come up with a solution, where every club get's the same basic amount, and the rest is distributed according to league position and live game bonusses to the home side.

So the FA has proposed to the Prem clubs that in the clubs will need to have 13 "home grown" players in their forst team squad as opposed to 8 now. That's a fairly drastic change ans apparently only 7 clubs live up to that right now. If the clubs don't agree to it, the FA could possibly make a "no-deal" which would mean that even EU players will have to live up to the strict work permit conditions that apply to non-EU players currently.

This could quickly lead to English talent becoming even more expensive. Players like Fry and Tav could fast become worth a lot of money if they keep on developing. 

It's certainly and interesting proposal with ups and downs.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/445009/championship-leeds-aston-villa-derby-breakaway-efl-football-league-tv-deal/amp/

15 Championship clubs, including Leeds, Aston Villa and Derby, threaten to break away from EFL over new TV deal

What do they mean by ‘break away from EFL’? Where would they go?

I reckon they would form a Premier League 2 and be in the EPL not in the EFL anymore.