oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes, it's funny how a team's fans can have completely different perceptions of a player. A year ago in a Boro shirt, if Bamford had have done that in preseason, we'd have just focused on how good the save was. Because of the season he's had at Leeds, all the focus is on the miss.

I have to say, I was confused by the post. Like Brunners said, I think he's took that really well and he's unlucky, the keeper's made a great save. I struggle to see how anyone focuses on the 'miss' as he did about as much as he could to score.

When I saw the post initially, I thought it was going to show him diving. After the comments he made about it the other day, that would have been shocking. As it is, that's standard Bamford with an excellent attempt at goal. Clear that if they keep him fit, he'll bang in the goals, could easily grab 30 goals across all competitions, just hope he takes his shooting boots off when they play us.

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Leeds really haven't seen the best of him yet. I work in Leeds, so I talk to a lot of their fans, and he is seen as something of a laughing stock for being poor in front of goal, which as you say, @wilsoncgp, is a far cry from the Bamford that we know.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Leeds really haven't seen the best of him yet. I work in Leeds, so I talk to a lot of their fans, and he is seen as something of a laughing stock for being poor in front of goal, which as you say, @wilsoncgp, is a far cry from the Bamford that we know.

Is it really though? I seem to remember him being rather terrible in front of goal during his second spell with us. Aside from that mini purple patch he had.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Is it really though? I seem to remember him being rather terrible in front of goal during his second spell with us. Aside from that mini purple patch he had.

How many times did he play up front in that time? Pretty sure Karanka barely used him because he wasn't match fit and we had Negredo up front and were bringing Gestede off the bench. Monk didn't fancy him ahead of Fletcher but still had him right of a 3 when he played. Pulis played him left-wing for a time before something happened, was it Britt getting injured or something? Or was Britt still out of favour? I can't remember the reasoning but his mini purple patch' was when Pulis put him up front again.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You remember it very differently to me then. He needs a few games to get up to speed, but he's far from alone in that respect, especially where strikers are concerned. But as Wilson says, once he was playing up front, he was a pretty reliable finisher most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A mate of mine who is a Wolves fan reckons the plan is to use Adama Traore as a wingback this season. 

That'll be fun to watch, then. 

I have a lot of respect for what Nuno's done there, but that would be possibly the dumbest managerial decision I've ever seen.

Weren't Chelsea linked with him when Conte was the manager? Presumably if there had been anything in that, the plan would have been to use him as a wing-back there too?

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A mate of mine who is a Wolves fan reckons the plan is to use Adama Traore as a wingback this season. 

That'll be fun to watch, then. 

He played RWB for Wolves against City last Saturday in the Asian Cup

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Weren't Chelsea linked with him when Conte was the manager? Presumably if there had been anything in that, the plan would have been to use him as a wing-back there too?

They played a 343, you’d think he’d have been right of the front 3.

11 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

They played a 343, you’d think he’d have been right of the front 3.

They switched midway through the season to a far more successful 352 - Doherty and Jonny as the wing backs (though in all honesty both were more wingers) with dendonker and neves behind Mourinho with jota and Jimenez up front. They have got rid of all of their wingers because of the success of the formation apart from adama so hell have to adapt. Given how far forward Doherty and Jonny found themselves all season I dont think it's actually all that bad an idea.

Incidentally this is the formation I've wanted us to adapt all summer. I've watched a lot of wolves and I think were only really a right back and maybe a centre back away from being able to adopt something similar. But woodgate seems to be fixated on the liverpool 433. I hope that that ridigity doesnt come back and bite us. More than one way to play good football.