• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Foogle said:

I stand corrected this is from the EFL guidelines:

18. Some Clubs appoint Players to other roles e.g. manager or coach.  So as to avoid Clubs seeking to load salary payments in favour of the second role, the payments under both roles will be amalgamated and 50% of the total will be attributed as Player Related Expenditure for the purposes of determining compliance with the SCMP Requirement.

So do managers/coaches wages not go towards FFP at all? Seems like an odd exemption...

This bit is specifically SCMP, which apparently stands for Salary Cost Management Protocol. This Is the rule only for Div 1 and 2 that limits the amount of expenditure on players wages to a set percentage of club turnover. So it makes sense for that to need a rule for splitting player/coach salaries between the playing element and the coaching element.

Don’t think it applies to Championship  though, so however they pay Rooney, all 100% will count towards their profit or loss, which is the limiting factor for Championship FFP

There is a poster on here who i think last time showed he had great knowledge regarding accounts and FFP. Think he said his day job was linked to acountancy. 

Did a great job of explaining football accounts. Think it was one of the posters with the name Dan...

1 hour ago, FamilyBoro said:

Did anyone apply/get tickets for Euro 2020 today?

Didnt get any tickets for England but I applied for some cheap tickets in other countries too and, long story short, I'm now going to watch a Group F game in Budapest!

Just now, OldManGravz said:

Didnt get any tickets for England but I applied for some cheap tickets in other countries too and, long story short, I'm now going to watch a Group F game in Budapest!

Ha well Budapest is a good place to go! 

I got Final tickets. Bit pricey like but can't pass up on that, will be worth it. Didn't know that you have to buy all games you are successful for and can't pick a choose. 

26 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Harry Arter signed for fulham. They've put together a decent squad. Could go the way of stoke though with quite a few first 11 players coming in at once

Said it the other day, Fulham can put together as good a squad as they want. It's Parker who needs to prove he can build something out of them. That, I feel, may be their problem. Kind of feels like they should have got an experienced manager in to go with the squad, then they probably would be better candidates.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

It's Danfromdownsouth.

What Scarboro says is correct though.

Yeah there is a certain % that League 1 and 2 clubs can pay upto wage wise in relation to their revenue. It's one % for League 2 and a slightly different % for League 1.

I'm not aware that championship clubs adhere to that rule, due to being judged on Profit and Sustainability rather than SCMP.

1 hour ago, FamilyBoro said:

Ha well Budapest is a good place to go! 

I got Final tickets. Bit pricey like but can't pass up on that, will be worth it. Didn't know that you have to buy all games you are successful for and can't pick a choose. 

I'm assuming you applied for Wembley tickets? I applied for 2 tickets at all of the Wembley games and didn't get a single one! 

Was it just final tickets you have ended up with?

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So the sponsorship deal being used to fund Rooney is...our sponsor (and Leeds and about 500 other teams)

It just all feels a bit...wrong.

Now I feel like we've missed an opportunity in giving Stephen Wearne our number 32...

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So the sponsorship deal being used to fund Rooney is...our sponsor (and Leeds and about 500 other teams)

It just all feels a bit...wrong.

It's incredibly wrong and I hope it gets looked into.

It won't though, Mel Morris has friends in high places.