• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

In fairness to Lampard, he's given Mount and Abrahams starts in the game and they looked ok. Its in defence they looked rubbish, maybe thats the lesson he is bringing from Derby! 

Following on from the VAR debate earlier, this is what Nuno Espirito Santos had to say after his team had it used to their disadvantage:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49223796

"What I'm concerned about is, let's not ruin the game," said Nuno.

"It's what fans come for, to celebrate a goal, not to celebrate a no goal - that's not the real celebration of football.

"It's not good for the atmosphere of football. The Leicester fans were celebrating the no goal. That's not the mindset of the game. Six months ago it would've been a goal, so that is an issue for VAR.

"We have such a nice Premier League, such a product, we cannot lose that. Two minutes the game stopped. The anxiety of us celebrating, then we waited - it's not the spirit of the game."

People cheer for no goals before VAR was ever used, they still do as we seen yesterday. To say that's not part of the 'mindset of the game' is a lie. People will always cheer more for goals and they'll cheer just as much after having it checked by VAR.

Also sick to death of managers who blame VAR for the atmosphere it creates when it goes against them and don't care a jot when it's used for them; similarly, managers who are all for VAR when decisions go against them but frankly couldn't care less about its introduction when something daft goes in your favour. There's a sack somewhere made for these people and they can all get into it, for me. Do these people want it or don't they? Maybe if they all made their mind up then the different associations could actually judge how people genuinely feel about it.

Just check out the positive nature of his comments here, just 2 days ago, on the introduction of VAR in the Premier League:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20190810-nuno-confident-in-var-introduction/

On the introduction of VAR

“All of the managers have been in the Premier League meetings, so we’re clear about the approach of the VAR and I’m confident.

"One of the things I am glad to hear is when those responsible for the VAR say that they don’t want to change what is the temple of the game – it’s so good what we have in the Premier League and nothing can change that. I’m truly confident that everything is going to be OK. 

“The referees in the Premier League talk to the players, they allow the players to have dialogue and there’s no better thing than that.

“Speak, explain and the players are OK, so of course, everything is going to be new in some aspects but I’m confident that the managers and the players are clear and they’re OK.”

Not sure if it's been mentioned (sorry if it has) but just seen that Huddersfield have actually been charged by the FA for the Paddy Power sponsor stunt. It's due to them wearing the shirt for the pre-season game and breaching sponsorship size rules. ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/championship/fa-charges-huddersfield-over-kit-stunt/ar-AAFzDPC

1 hour ago, FamilyBoro said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned (sorry if it has) but just seen that Huddersfield have actually been charged by the FA for the Paddy Power sponsor stunt. It's due to them wearing the shirt for the pre-season game and breaching sponsorship size rules. ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/championship/fa-charges-huddersfield-over-kit-stunt/ar-AAFzDPC

It's okay, i'm sure PP will be happy to pay the fine.

6 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Just got caught on the Amsterdam metro between the ajax and PAOK fans (on one train each). They can sing!

The Ajax Stadium is incredible, if you get a chance to go do it. I went to watch them play against AZ a few years ago and they were horribly out of form. Wish I'd managed to see them last season.