oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The Ajax Stadium is incredible, if you get a chance to go do it. I went to watch them play against AZ a few years ago and they were horribly out of form. Wish I'd managed to see them last season.

On a work trip with a planned itinerary sadly. Nice city though

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Fc Copenhagen lost on penaltys 6-7 to Red Star Belgrade. 

Copenhagen's  Viktor Fischer missed a penalty just like 4 of his team mates .. 

22 spot kicks total .. Almost as crazy as the Liverpool v Boro cup tie a few seasons ago .. 

43 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

With Allison out injured and Adrian being ruled out injured today. Andy Lonergan could be in line to play for Liverpool against Southampton tomorrow! Funny how things work out haha!

Money on Southampton if that’s the case ??

On 8/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Anyone see Celtic got dumped out of the CL qualifiers by a 97th minute goal?

To be fair, they were going out on away goals  before Clunge or whatever they're called scored their fourth in Fergie time.

My next-door neighbour and the guy two doors down are both Celtic fans, and I think they saw this coming. They feel Lennon was a lazy appointment, and the lack of SPL competition (humping Motherwell 5-2 and the like) was always going to punish them in an actually competitive environment.

Oh well. Always the Europa League, eh?

• Like 1

Absolutely depressing watching this Leeds version of the Sunderland documentary, Bielsa is literally just their Karanka - a meticulous perfectionist, no doubt in my mind they'll go up automatically this season whereas we're regressing every season after being in the prem 2 years ago

Well the Bundesliga kicked off with Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin that ended in a very exciting 2-2. 

I also managed to catch the last 20 minutes of Bilbao vs Barcelona, which kicked off the La Liga season, which was shown on ITV4. Wow Aduriz take a bow, great goal to seal a 1-0 win. He is going to leave a big hole when he retires at the end of this season.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, northern boro said:

Embarrassing

What the *** goes through some players' heads in this day and age? More cameras than ever before watching them and they still resort to *** like this for nothing other than getting another player sent off. Bamford got rightfully pulled through the trash for doing it last season, I hope they do the same with Mitrovic. Absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

Further to that above, I don't know if anyone saw the incident Dyche is alluding to (I didn't) but some of the things he's apparently said regarding how little people at the top care about diving is diabolical. The manager 4 years ago who asked him to move with the times? *** hell.

We've got VAR in the Prem now, there's no reason referees couldn't send off players for diving and now they can catch them and be pretty bloody sure about it. Like the one above, that's as clear as day one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49383527

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We've got VAR in the Prem now, there's no reason referees couldn't send off players for diving and now they can catch them and be pretty bloody sure about it. Like the one above, that's as clear as day one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49383527

They didn't bother policing it retroactively, which would've been far easier, so they're not going to use VAR for it.