• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I bet Ct understood the sarcasm around all that "multiple accounts" thing back then .. I never imagined, that ppl who thought it was serious, still mentions it, but hey, what do I know ?

24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Statistically there are probably more players playing elsewhere than for us, even if you filter it down to players who used to play for us. ??

If you limit it to those who left Boro in the past 18 months (first team players only), then they have still scored more than we have this season.

• Thanks 1

Just from the Preston - Stoke game:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49340159

Some of these quotes look like they were pulled from Pulis. Nathan Jones doesn't mind calling out his team. They've had another dreadful start.

"No one talks about him as being a Stoke goalkeeper," Jones told BBC Radio 5 Live. "Everyone talks about him losing his place in the England side or that he's got to go abroad or leave Stoke to gain this or that.

"But he's got to do his job for Stoke first. I don't know where he must be mentally because there's so much talk about him, but realistically we all have to do our job for Stoke.

"You don't go from being a top goalkeeper to making errors like he is at the minute. There must be something playing on his mind."

"Since I've come here there's been a hangover of players wanting to leave, players thinking they are proper players, players wanting to go and play in Europe, players thinking of their international careers," added Jones, who replaced Gary Rowett in January.

"There hasn't been a group here together who want to play and focus and win games for Stoke City, that's a problem. I thought we had made big strides in that, but evidently we haven't."

Isn't he that kind of 'pragmatist' manager too? 

I think he is right, Wilson. 

Stoke had been in the PL for many years and had on paper an established team and no one saw the relegation coming, before it was too late. 

A lot of players who stayed at the club have underperformed and are still underperforming. If some of the players feel they are too good for the good ol' champo, then they will be about the worst players in it. 

As an example. 
The small town football club, where I live ..Had 2 teams when I played .. There were 4 "divisions" between the two teams. I remember this episode, where the club's star player had to play a game for the 2nd team (where I also played) and he was about the worst player on the pitch, because he thought he was that good, that he didn't have to commit anything and didn't have to run that much.

If that is what happened at Stoke, then I really can follow the manager in saying the above quotes. It's a wake up call for the players to pull their heads out of their behinds.

• Like 1

I've no doubt that he's probably right, it's just sometimes strange these days to find a manager who actually calls his players out for it in the media. It's not always a great decision to make.

37 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I thought he was supposed to be a free flowing attacking manager? Isn't he the guy they poached from luton, and they've always played that way haven't they?

He is yeah, left Luton to join Stoke and played high press, fast pace, attacking full backs style last season. 

I watched his interview and tbf I first thought the dig was at the media questions annoying him about Butland rather than Butland himself. 

4 hours ago, northern boro said:

I haven't seen it open in a long time. It was getting burgled repeatedly and I didn't understand why they didn't take the money out of the safe on a night if it kept happening ? No idea if that's to do with the debt they owe because surely Dimi isn't poor already.

I see Vincent Kompany’s start as player/manager is not all rosy at Anderlecht. Played 4 with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Now he is going to concentrate on playing only, on match days. 

16 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I see Vincent Kompany’s start as player/manager is not all rosy at Anderlecht. Played 4 with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Now he is going to concentrate on playing only, on match days. 

image.png.96b93337a807ce6ea5afe1dfaf70840f.png