• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sterling is phenomenal for England now.

18 months ago I was questioning why he was in the squad, never mind the starting 11 or even subs bench.

I'll happily eat humble pie and state I think he's one of the best footballers in the world right now.

What a game this has been to watch. It's so refreshing to see a team (not seen as elite level) having a go against England. England have shown how good we are as an attacking team but Kosovo have exposed our vulnerabilities on the defensive sense. It would be nice if all international breaks had games like this.

10 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

What a game this has been to watch. It's so refreshing to see a team (not seen as elite level) having a go against England. England have shown how good we are as an attacking team but Kosovo have exposed our vulnerabilities on the defensive sense. It would be nice if all international breaks had games like this.

It was a good game,BUT any team above Kosovo in the rankings would have murdered us...Just saying like

16 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

It was a good game,BUT any team above Kosovo in the rankings would have murdered us...Just saying like

I think the commentator was probably correct. We turned lazy in the second half due to thinking job done and they caught us out. You could also tell that the original mind-set was to keep charging forward looking for goals but from about the 75th minute we controlled it much better and remembered we were actually 2 goals up. 

Overall still happy with performance. 1 win next month sees us qualify ?  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I'm assuming you just mean in that individual game because England have beaten loads of team much higher ranked than Kosovo lately.

I also think that they would have been far less gung-ho against better opposition. Could have been 8-3 by the end either way.

I think the opposition's level did have an effect on the game. You go 5-1 up against a team at half time and some heads would switch off regardless of the opposition. Great credit to Kosovo for making it an interesting game and were it not for our clinical finishing in the first half, it could well have been points dropped.

The thing is, we could just as easily say that if we weren't sloppy at the back we could have won 8-0.

For me, this is the most entertaining England team I've seen in a long long time. I'll take the odd calamity in defense as long as I get to watch attacking football.

8 minutes ago, unclesmog said:

The thing is, we could just as easily say that if we weren't sloppy at the back we could have won 8-0.

For me, this is the most entertaining England team I've seen in a long long time. I'll take the odd calamity in defense as long as I get to watch attacking football.

This reminds me of something .. What can it be... *thinking overload *

Hmmm...

Now I remember - It is the way Boro play atm (when it's best)