• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well. As much as I support not ruining two young men's careers and as much as I can't stand Keogh as a player, I can't at all stand this statement.

This is a dreadful statement, it's like they've literally no shame to admit that it's one rule for the two convicted players who can still contribute and one rule for the expensive injured captain and it would seem from the Derby forums that a lot of them feel the same way. This is frankly awful publicly disclosed double standards.

It sounds like there's more to it than this too, Keogh was supposedly offered lower terms before this decision was reached, terms which he naturally refused as it was apparently 10k vs. his current 25k. I would be truly shocked if he didn't appeal this and he surely has a very strong case.

Agreed. I think hell take them to the cleaners over this. Between the investigation into their finances and this, plus their performances in the league and the financial commitments they've already made, they're heading for big trouble.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Agreed. I think hell take them to the cleaners over this. Between the investigation into their finances and this, plus their performances in the league and the financial commitments they've already made, they're heading for big trouble.

Yes I agree. It’s a scandalous case of double standards. He was a passenger in one of the cars, his driver was drunk and the other car , also driven by a drunk crashed into them. The two then drive off and leave him there in his injured state and only return when they realised that they forgot him.

He then gets sacked for behaviour unbecoming of the standards of the club and the other two, who weren’t injured get off Scott free. Unbelievably crass behaviour from Derby. 
I hope Keogh takes them to the cleaners.

• Like 1

Surely there must be more to it than this? While I totally agree the other two players should be sacked as well (and maybe banned from football for a while for setting such a bad example), Keogh must have done something to get himself sacked beyond refuse a pay cut. Maybe he lied to police or something, I don't know. If all he did was to be a passenger in a drunk driver's car, he'll take Derby to the cleaners.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Surely there must be more to it than this? While I totally agree the other two players should be sacked as well (and maybe banned from football for a while for setting such a bad example), Keogh must have done something to get himself sacked beyond refuse a pay cut. Maybe he lied to police or something, I don't know. If all he did was to be a passenger in a drunk driver's car, he'll take Derby to the cleaners.

Yeah this was my original thought aswell. He must have done something that warrants sacking instead of a slap on the wrist like the other two numpties.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Well it's interesting that the statement talks about actions that bring the club into disrepute and yet the only publicly verified stories around this are around the two who were criminally convicted. I'd like to understand what their investigation has found around the incident that the police didn't if it's anything other than an opportunistic movement to get rid of some big wages off the wage bill. Bear in mind that this isn't a case of him being a senior member being more responsible, their statement says that they expect better from all their players. And they're publicly throwing him under a bus for his involvement despite supporting the other 2 for seemingly worse actions. It's a dangerous precedent to set.