oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

This is an easy stance for me to take on the Derby thing, but I know many of our fans would react the same way as Derbys fans if it was our team - for example Fry and Tavernier. 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, boroie said:

This is an easy stance for me to take on the Derby thing, but I know many of our fans would react the same way as Derbys fans if it was our team - for example Fry and Tavernier. 

Absolutely on a side note here, but Fry looks like someone who never tasted alcohol 😄

Yeah.....and Phil Stamp never ate any pies......let's just say he is not unfamiliar with the Jack and Jill.....though he is much more sensible than some and is very serious about trying to improve...don't know him personally, but know people who do

2 hours ago, boroie said:

I've seen a few Derby fans wanting the same result for Lawrence and Bennett as they've seen happen to Keogh. As much as I don't agree on getting rid of all 3 for reasons I've described and based on the info we have, I'd like to think if it was in our situation I'd also react similarly and wouldn't be painting a different picture based on the effectiveness of the player. Credit to those who don't let the effectiveness of their team to come between them and their morals.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Holy crap have you guys seen the Andre Gomes injury & Son's reaction today? Awful awful stuff, feel sorry for everyone involved!

Absolutely. My son went through this in January 2018 and again it was not malicious, it just happened. He got back playing in September this year as an amateur so I’m sure a professional can get there too. Hopefully Gomes will make a full recovery 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Absolutely. My son went through this in January 2018 and again it was not malicious, it just happened. He got back playing in September this year as an amateur so I’m sure a professional can get there too. Hopefully Gomes will make a full recovery 

Has there been any news yet on the extent of the injury? Watching it and seeing the foot facing the wrong way was just...awful, don't know how else to say it.

Wish Gomes a speedy recovery!

Those ones are horrible... when you see all the players hands go to their heads and people visibly very upset, it's clearly a terrible injury. Hopefully his surgery goes well today. Son and Aurier will need looking after too.

I was about 10 rows back from the Petr Cech head injury at Reading - though I'm not sure anyone realised quite how bad that was in the moment. 

Just watching stoke v WBA and it occurred to me whatever happened to James Shan who was WBA caretaker boss for 2nd half of the season.

Quick google search shows he is out of work. He had a very promising stint as caretaker boss. Could do a lot worse than adding him to our coaching set up.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's brilliant how well Leicester are doing again, but I cannot stand the horrible paper clappers that their fans are provided with.

It sounds pathetic, and looks embarassing.

Yeah, it's not like Boro would ever do something like that.

Oh, wait..

inflatable-cheer-stick-500x500.jpg.01fafee358a9e32a873ce0c398c20186.jpg

(I can't find the exact Boro ones, but the club used to have these lying around the Riverside in the mid-90s for fans to use instead of clapping. I had one for years until I took it on holiday and lost it.)

Fairly impressive what Lampard is doing at Chelsea. I mean they’ve always had a decent squad but only Pulisic was added in the summer and he’s introduced quite a few youngsters who was playing championship football just last season and they are playing some good football. Well done Frank.