• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Adama Traore has been given his first full Spanish call-up for the upcoming Euro qualifiers.

Good to see him getting recognition from his country!

Strange when he just pledged his allegiance to the Mali national team

I think their ambition is to field a full team of Traores just to confuse the officials......like that cricket team in Dewsbury....Patel, Patel, Patel, Patel, etc.......of course, it doesn't let Mali fans sing "There's only one Adama Traore"....

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think Mali have enough Adama Traores in their team already.

20191110_123601.jpg

I wonder if all the Traores were on the pitch at the same time how they'd do the shirts. 

Traore
Adama
A. Traore?

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Definitely 

I don't like it when national teams do that.  If they intend to keep selecting him and he can have a good international career with them then great but otherwise just let the lad play for Mali and have a good international career there.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't like it when national teams do that.  If they intend to keep selecting him and he can have a good international career with them then great but otherwise just let the lad play for Mali and have a good international career there.

Agree CT

They're not just capping him for the sake of it though, he's decent and might be good enough to play for Spain in a few years.

He's Spanish, not Malian, but it's the unfortunate situation that teams now have to rush selections because players will choose to play for their dad/nan's country if they don't get picked for their actual country quick enough.

At least with players like Zaha and Assombalonga going to play for C'ôte d'Ivoire and DR Congo were actually born in those countries, even if they were raised here and only joined up after failing to break in to the England team.

Saying that though, I'm sure Traore probably feels a strong connection to his heritage, being black and Muslim in a majority white and Catholic country.

20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They're not just capping him for the sake of it though, he's decent and might be good enough to play for Spain in a few years.

He may well do, it was just the timing of it that made me wonder.