oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Ah now I understand. It must be embarrassing playing two games in a few days, scoring 11 and conceding 0. Yeah that’s pretty s**t alright 🙄

Just two fewer than Boro have managed in sixteen games this season 😩

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Just two fewer than Boro have managed in sixteen games this season 😩

Boro look like goal scoring legends compared with Ireland. 6 goals in 7 games compared with 37 goals in 8 games for England. We just need 31 tomorrow against our Danish friends to draw level with you lot. It’s in the bag 😂

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Boro look like goal scoring legends compared with Ireland. 6 goals in 7 games compared with 37 goals in 8 games for England. We just need 31 tomorrow against our Danish friends to draw level with you lot. It’s in the bag 😂

You just need any win tomorrow though don't you, to qualify I mean?

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You just need any win tomorrow though don't you, to qualify I mean?

Yes. Considering it could be a 1-0 win we could qualify with only 7 goals in the entire campaign and some were unhappy with England scoring 7 in one game 😂😂😂 you couldn’t make it up 

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes. Considering it could be a 1-0 win we could qualify with only 7 goals in the entire campaign and some were unhappy with England scoring 7 in one game 😂😂😂 you couldn’t make it up 

Well I will be watching and cheering you guys on although I suppose that means cheering against our resident Danish friends.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well I will be watching and cheering you guys on although I suppose that means cheering against our resident Danish friends.

And @SmogDane being your best mate on here? I’m shocked CT 😂😂😂

Here comes the Jinx .. Denmark haven't lost in 20 odd games .. Including the world cup .. We drew with both France and Croatia .. The finalists .. Schmeichel saved 3 pennas, but Eriksen, Schöne  and other missed .. against Croatia in a game we could have won in regular time .. 

I hope for a good game tomorrow and that Randolph have a good game .. only letting in the winner from .. hmm . Maybe braithwaite? 😄

14 hours ago, Blanco said:

I really wish Ireland were as poor as some of you lot seem to think England are. Bloody hell you lot have one hell of a good team there. I don’t know how anyone can complain about them.

How much time have you actually spent watching England, over the last couple of decades?

Did you follow them in 2010 in South Africa, or 2016 in Brazil?

Or pretty much any tournament going back to 1996?

Until last year, England have been "flat track bullies" to use a cricketing metaphor, or "dirty seal clubbers" to use a videogaming one.

i.e. we're great at stomping weak opponents, but look pretty clueless as soon as we come up against decent opposition.

Russia was the first time we'd made the semis of any tournament for 22 years. Not really that impressive a record. Yes, we have some great attacking players...and given good service they will score a boatload of goals.

However, our defence is suspect against even "weaker" teams and we've kept clean sheets more by luck, or opponents' inability to finish, than good defending. Better teams are also more likely to dominate the midfield and make it hard for us to create scoring chances.

We look particularly susceptible at set pieces and to counter-attacks. Thats not just me saying it - thats what the pundits think too.

Also, with the greatest of respect, Ireland aren't usually expected to do well in tournaments anyway. IIRC the last time they really did well was USA 1994.

Whereas England have had at least a couple of so-called "golden generations" of supposedly world-class players, who were great for their clubs, but failed to deliver for their country.

That kind of repeated hype and failure can make one a tad cynical.

So call me a miserable git, but I don't think England have done anything to justify some of the hype and praise on here. Last year was a good platform to build on, but thats all. Yes the current team has lots of potential, but also some glaring weaknesses that WILL be ruthlessly exploited by better teams.

Prime example was last night's game. Good result (more impressive than Montenegro) and another clean sheet, but still some worrying signs at the back and careless midfield play.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Here comes the Jinx .. Denmark haven't lost in 20 odd games .. Including the world cup .. We drew with both France and Croatia .. The finalists .. Schmeichel saved 3 pennas, but Eriksen, Schöne  and other missed .. against Croatia in a game we could have won in regular time .. 

I hope for a good game tomorrow and that Randolph have a good game .. only letting in the winner from .. hmm . Maybe braithwaite? 😄

Jinx away my friend 🙏

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

How much time have you actually spent watching England, over the last couple of decades?

Did you follow them in 2010 in South Africa, or 2016 in Brazil?

Or pretty much any tournament going back to 1996?

Until last year, England have been "flat track bullies" to use a cricketing metaphor, or "dirty seal clubbers" to use a videogaming one.

i.e. we're great at stomping weak opponents, but look pretty clueless as soon as we come up against decent opposition.

Russia was the first time we'd made the semis of any tournament for 22 years. Not really that impressive a record. Yes, we have some great attacking players...and given good service they will score a boatload of goals.

However, our defence is suspect against even "weaker" teams and we've kept clean sheets more by luck, or opponents' inability to finish, than good defending. Better teams are also more likely to dominate the midfield and make it hard for us to create scoring chances.

We look particularly susceptible at set pieces and to counter-attacks. Thats not just me saying it - thats what the pundits think too.

Also, with the greatest of respect, Ireland aren't usually expected to do well in tournaments anyway. IIRC the last time they really did well was USA 1994.

Whereas England have had at least a couple of so-called "golden generations" of supposedly world-class players, who were great for their clubs, but failed to deliver for their country.

That kind of repeated hype and failure can make one a tad cynical.

So call me a miserable git, but I don't think England have done anything to justify some of the hype and praise on here. Last year was a good platform to build on, but thats all. Yes the current team has lots of potential, but also some glaring weaknesses that WILL be ruthlessly exploited by better teams.

Prime example was last night's game. Good result (more impressive than Montenegro) and another clean sheet, but still some worrying signs at the back and careless midfield play.

My comments are on the current team not teams of the past. I have not followed England with any particular interest over the years but the current side are young vibrant and fearless. They play a lovely brand of football and if you can’t enjoy them in their current guise then maybe international football is not for you. For you to pick holes in a defence that has conceded less than a goal a game over the entire campaign is pretty poor form for me. 
England look like some good times are coming for supporters. Enjoy it while you can.

• Like 1

Crunch game tonight. A draw will be good enough for Denmark but a win will see us top of the group and into the second group of the seedlings for the Euro draw. We will definitely be going for the win. A few players were rested on Friday and Eriksen bagged a brace to set him up nicely for tonight. Tough game and I’m expecting Ireland to give it their all. Hopefully we will edge it.