• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Good game tonight, my Irish fellow Boro fans! 

Gotta be a good one 😉

Our only chance is a top drawer performance from Randolph and a big Shane Duffy header in the last second of the game

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

Our only chance is a top drawer performance from Randolph and a big Shane Duffy header in the last second of the game

Duffy is one of the main reasons why Andreas Cornelius was rested on Friday so he can play 90 mins tonight. Big guy that can handle Duffy. Duffy is definately my main worry. 

It's being reported that Tony Pulis turned down the Cardiff job as he is hopeful of getting either the job at Southampton or West Ham. Apparently he does not want to manage in the Championship anymore and sees himself at Premier league level. Tbf he is probably correct in reflecting on what we have said previously, he is much better at setting teams up not to lose (PL survival) than to win games (Championship promotion). 

• Like 1

Leeds have opened a development centre for youngsters in Middlesbrough, hoping to find some quality.

There's also an interesting discussion going on in the comments on the Gazette live Facebook page, apparently Boro have gotten rid of a lot of their scouts and said in a letter to them that they are moving in a "different direction". 

Given our current situation, I think we should be casting our net far and wide for bargains, not limiting ourselves with smaller numbers of scouts.

There are people also saying that other teams watch the TJFA but Boro don't even have a scout at games, which could obviously be wrong but you do wonder why Leeds would be setting up a development centre if we were snapping up all the best young talent in the area.

Link to facebook article: 

• Angry 1
3 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

It's being reported that Tony Pulis turned down the Cardiff job as he is hopeful of getting either the job at Southampton or West Ham. Apparently he does not want to manage in the Championship anymore and sees himself at Premier league level. Tbf he is probably correct in reflecting on what we have said previously, he is much better at setting teams up not to lose (PL survival) than to win games (Championship promotion). 

I would be staggered if he ended up at West Ham.  Even Southampton seems a stretch, given their particular way of doing things but I suppose they could get so desperate that they forget about all of that.

3 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

I wonder if he does Championship survival..😉