oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

14 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That's an eye opener alright

Not really, I mean it must go on all the time.  You really think that a prospective employer isn't in touch with managers/coaches to find out if they are interested before they speak to the club?  Usually through agents and such I'd guess.  After sacking him they'd have a job getting compensation from Hearts, I'm not surprised that went nowhere.  We've tended to avoid the situation by hiring managers that no bugger else wants 😭

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not really, I mean it must go on all the time.  You really think that a prospective employer isn't in touch with managers/coaches to find out if they are interested before they speak to the club?  Usually through agents and such I'd guess.  After sacking him they'd have a job getting compensation from Hearts, I'm not surprised that went nowhere.  We've tended to avoid the situation by hiring managers that no bugger else wants 😭

How can you say that when our current manager is so in demand he even looks after his sons U7 team as well as the Boro?

Newcastle are offering 10,000 free half-season tickets to existing season ticket holders in a bid to boost declining attendances due to the boycott.

Steve Bruce is doing noticably better than Rafa Benitez was, and Mike Ashley has started spending again (arguably because of the fan pressure), but it's not enough.

I think this offer is bound to draw in fans though.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You missed off 'less committed'.

I added that in after on the other post, I do think that some might see it as an easy out with them not having to contribute any money to Ashley's regime to watch their team.

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I added that in after on the other post, I do think that some might see it as an easy out with them not having to contribute any money to Ashley's regime to watch their team.

Aye, quite possibly.  Will be interesting to see if it makes much difference.

21 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Barnsley's statement on Daniel Stendel, who has just gone to Hearts, might be worth reading to some:

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/clubstatement0912/

Tbh I don't expect anyone to tell their employers if they have recieved a job offer from elsewhere and are hearing what they are offering. 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Tbh I don't expect anyone to tell their employers if they have recieved a job offer from elsewhere and are hearing what they are offering. 

I'm pretty sure that the contractual situations with managers are the same as players, they are temporary but fixed-length contracts. Unless somebody pays a price, they can't just get up and leave after a notice period the way you and I might. A manager in professional football is not open to simply going for an interview with another club as they please, just as players technically can't either. As CT said above, it probably does happen a fair bit, one way or another, directly or indirectly. But clubs do have a right to hold them accountable for that through their contracts.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm pretty sure that the contractual situations with managers are the same as players, they are temporary but fixed-length contracts. Unless somebody pays a price, they can't just get up and leave after a notice period the way you and I might. A manager in professional football is not open to simply going for an interview with another club as they please, just as players technically can't either. As CT said above, it probably does happen a fair bit, one way or another, directly or indirectly. But clubs do have a right to hold them accountable for that through their contracts.

Why don't players just have normal contracts. I.e you sign for a club and then you get paid until you hand your notice in. Would stop all the fannying round paying players off and having to guess how long you want them at the club for  

6 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Why don't players just have normal contracts. I.e you sign for a club and then you get paid until you hand your notice in. Would stop all the fannying round paying players off and having to guess how long you want them at the club for  

So they never hand in their notice and stay on the payroll until they are 65?

3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Because that would be ridiculous.

Clubs would lose players constantly if they're not fighting at the top of the table and would receive no compensation for the loss of the player.

It also would solve neither of the problems you're on about.

10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

So they never hand in their notice and stay on the payroll until they are 65?

But they can get sacked if they aren't performing. And have annual reviews in which their pay can go up or down. Genius

Right. It's decided. We're changing to my way. I'll get onto the FA in the morning! 😄

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Pretty much what TeaCider said. The whole system would change. Clubs seem to have very little power anyway, but they have enough that they can keep a player against their will because the player agrees to stay for a certain amount of time.