oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Nice to see Lille have benched their best players against Chelsea. I bet Ajax and Valencia aren't too happy.

Barca playing their reserves at Inter too, when it's between Inter and Dortmund for second place. Barca are winning though and I don't blame Lille or Barca when they don't have anything resting on the games and they want to rest players for future games, but why did Lille even bring their top players if they aren't going to play them?

I doubt European competition even has  a 'play your best side' rule, as both Lille and Barca have broken that tonight.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Nice to see Lille have benched their best players against Chelsea. I bet Ajax and Valencia aren't too happy.

Barca playing their reserves at Inter too, when it's between Inter and Dortmund for second place. Barca are winning though and I don't blame Lille or Barca when they don't have anything resting on the games and they want to rest players for future games, but why did Lille even bring their top players if they aren't going to play them?

I doubt European competition even has  a 'play your best side' rule, as both Lille and Barca have broken that tonight.

They all wanted groups to earn more money so that's the way it goes.

16 hours ago, Blanco said:

Ancelloti has just been sacked by Napoli after a 4-0 win secured qualification for the knockout stage of the champions league 

It must've been the zero wins in 9 games prior to that. Board had probably had already made up their minds before CL game.

Still, 7th in the league...its not exactly a crisis...

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Ancelloti has just been sacked by Napoli after a 4-0 win secured qualification for the knockout stage of the champions league 

He also had a falling out with the club president who wanted to impose a curfew on the players. Do they didn’t have the best relationship 

• Thanks 1

Tonight is the first time I've really looked at the table. So... Leeds and West Brom are going up aren't they!?

The bottom 8 have less points between them than the top 2 have between them and 3rd.

It's all a bit tight at the moment outside the top 2. The biggest gap in the middle of the table is 3 points between Charlton and Derby.

In terms of us, I think we're in an okay position in terms of being safe. 4 points off the bottom 3. I think there are still worse teams than us above us right now and perhaps only Stoke better than us below us.

On the evidence of the season so far, and assuming January doesn't go dreadful (which recent history suggests would be optimistic if nothing else) then we should certainly survive. Two big results in the next two home games would go a long way.

• Like 3

I just sat looking at the table too!

I think, Luton, Charlton, Barnsley will go down.  Yes it is the three newly promoted teams.

Based on recent form and knowledge of other teams, I predict us to be 17th come may. 

If we at least could have a January window with just a little feel good about it ... 

Then we can do better when the summer window comes. 

This season is about survival and Woody learning while/by doing ..  

12 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Tonight is the first time I've really looked at the table. So... Leeds and West Brom are going up aren't they!?

The bottom 8 have less points between them than the top 2 have between them and 3rd.

It's all a bit tight at the moment outside the top 2. The biggest gap in the middle of the table is 3 points between Charlton and Derby.

In terms of us, I think we're in an okay position in terms of being safe. 4 points off the bottom 3. I think there are still worse teams than us above us right now and perhaps only Stoke better than us below us.

On the evidence of the season so far, and assuming January doesn't go dreadful (which recent history suggests would be optimistic if nothing else) then we should certainly survive. Two big results in the next two home games would go a long way.

It is going to take an implosion of epic proportions to stop either of Leeds or WBA going up.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is going to take an implosion of epic proportions to stop either of Leeds or WBA going up.

Even I’m not that optimistic to think that we can do that Brunners 😂

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Even I’m not that optimistic to think that we can do that Brunners 😂

No I'm not saying we will stop them lmao. I'm saying that for me unless they collapse hilariously, those two are going up top two.

• Haha 1