oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've not seen a good video of it myself but most people seem to be saying Son's challenge was a bit dirty?

It was. The replays clearly showed that it was Sons intention put his studs against Rudigers stomach. The intention was to retaliate and that’s a red any day 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've not seen a good video of it myself but most people seem to be saying Son's challenge was a bit dirty?

He definitely deliberately kicks him off the ball, so I can't really argue against the red card in that regard.

But it's a light flick of the foot rather than a full powered kick, and Rudiger feigned injury. If Rudiger had reacted naturally I don't for a second believe Son would have been sent off, even by VAR.

It's the difference between flicking someone and punching someone.

Son's clearly in the wrong, but if that level of contact is violent conduct then there should be a lot more red cards going around.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It was like something out of Best of the Best.  He coulda killed him! 👊

You could hear Mourinho on the sideline with a very deep voice “no, Son, no”

Yep, Son was a silly boy to react the way he did. Just gave Rudiger an excuse to indulge in some play acting.

Understandable (I'd have made it a full-blooded kick, if it was me...if you're gonna get sent off anyway) but you just can't get away with that sort of thing now.

Ultimately don't think it affected the game, as Chelsea were in control pretty much all the way through.

Pretty much like Watford against Man Utd.  😁

• Like 1
14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It was Son's reaction to Rudiger's challenge. He kicked out at him after a pretty "industrial" tackle. Didn't make much contact, but Rudiger made the most of it, going down and rolling around like he'd been shot. 🙄

Just another aspect of football I really hate...all this play-acting to try and get opponents booked or sent off.

• Like 2

Oh I completely agree with that but there is a counter point to that perhaps, players who don't make the most of it have for a long time not got anything. I'd like to think with VAR, we might get players who just trust the system to spot the wrongdoings and stop with the shenanigans of pretending they've been shot. It's early days for VAR in the Prem and the players are still adjusting to it. Or maybe this is just 100% wishful thinking and some players will simply never change and continue to make themselves look like bell ends.

59 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thing is, I think they've been very fortunate for a few months now to keep winning. I genuinely think they were better last season.

But last night they completely took Leicester apart.

It’s not fortunate to win and stay undefeated for so long also winning the champions league in the process. They are just that good. 

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It’s not fortunate to win and stay undefeated for so long also winning the champions league in the process. They are just that good. 

Nah.

I've watched almost all their games, they've had some fortunate results that have kept them going.

It's been a common topic that they've been far from their best in the past few months but have snuck through anyway

They won the Champions League with a first minute "penalty" and were beaten 4 times on the route to the final.

They're clearly one of the best, if not the best team in the world right now, but I don't think people should oversell some of their results.

Last night they were totally dominant over their nearest rival, and it's probably sealed their title, but they've not always played like that this season.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Thing is, I think they've been very fortunate for a few months now to keep winning. I genuinely think they were better last season.

But last night they completely took Leicester apart.

They don't have a huge squad. Certainly not comparable to the size and depth of City's.

This makes their achievements even more admirable and if they're currently not firing on all cylinders I'd hate to be the opposition when they do click.