• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

‘good passes and crosses’ Jesus Christ 😂

The sky love in was a bit embarrassing 

You know what is also hilarious? 

Derby sacked their club captain for being drunk in the back of a car while his teammates drunk drove. Richard Keogh was not driving, hence did not break any law, and also suffered a probable career ending injury. 

Derby then make Rooney captain two years after he actually was convicted for drink driving and being 3 times over the limit. 

What a despicable club. 

• Like 6

The Women’s Super League meeting between West Ham United and Everton has been postponed after an outbreak of flu in the Hammers’ squad led to concerns over players’ welfare.

The London club, currently eighth in the league, were due to host the Toffees on Sunday afternoon but the fixture has been called off in accordance with WSL rules. West Ham have apologised to fans for any inconvenience caused.

An FA statement explained that the postponement was made due to “a widespread and severe flu virus that has affected a significant number of the West Ham United team”, adding that “player welfare is of paramount importance”.

The date and time of the rescheduled fixture, to take place at the club’s Rush Green ground in Romford, will be decided “in due course”. It is not known which players are directly affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/04/womens-super-league-west-ham-everton-off-flu-outbreak

How is this any different to what happened to us back in the day? Other than it seems to be fine now (for the womens game)? 

4 hours ago, boroie said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/04/womens-super-league-west-ham-everton-off-flu-outbreak

How is this any different to what happened to us back in the day? Other than it seems to be fine now (for the womens game)? 

20 years of progress away from whatever was the mind back in 96/97? We know a lot more about physical and mental well-being compared to back then, I think if they made that same decision today then it would really put a spotlight on the FA that they don't want. I don't think they'd have given two shits 20 years ago about their public image and how they approach health in that manner. I certainly think it's nothing to do with it being women which you seem to be alluding to, other than the fact their squads are a great deal smaller than men's teams.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:14 PM, Blanco said:
On 1/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, BoroJake said:

‘good passes and crosses’ Jesus Christ 😂

I didn’t think that Jesus Christ liked crosses 😂

He didn't but I'm sure he'd approve of Rooney's hair coming back to life 🙃

17 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I certainly think it's nothing to do with it being women which you seem to be alluding to, other than the fact their squads are a great deal smaller than men's teams.

Absolutely no sexism here, other than I believe the women's game has slightly different rules and a different ruling panel? I was merely pointing out a contrast.

6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Just watched the last 10 mins of Liverpool reserve's kids outclassing Everton's strongest team. 

It was definitely better than when they played Villa in the League Cup when they all really looked like the kids they are. The difference when you have the head coach and some of the senior team there is massive. Loved watching Klopp towards the end, he couldn't stop smiling, looked like he was watching his own kids.