• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

That cross from De Bruyne for the 4th goal was the ultimate in precision. Absolutely perfect 

I think hes the best all round midfielder the premier league has ever seen. He has everything and theres not a better chance creator in world football.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think hes the best all round midfielder the premier league has ever seen. He has everything and theres not a better chance creator in world football.

Agree 100% 

15 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Wonder what went wrong at Chelsea, why weren't they able to unlock this De Bruyne. Mismanagement by Chelsea or a player that hadn't quite put it together yet?

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wonder what went wrong at Chelsea, why weren't they able to unlock this De Bruyne. Mismanagement by Chelsea or a player that hadn't quite put it together yet?

I think, similar to Salah, that unfortunately they joined Chelsea at a time when they were buying up stars left right and centre, and they needed regular game time to work out the flaws in their games and become a finished article.

When De Bruyne was at Chelsea they had Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Malouda, Ramires and Benayoun who could all play in his position ahead of him. Even Van Ginkel got a few games in ahead of him the season when KdB left.

Salah got 4 appearances the first year he was there but again had a wealth of talent in front of him and no real hope of playing for the first team at Chelsea.

I know they were dominating and wanting to win everything at the time when they had these two but it's a shame they didnt get hit with a ban 5/6 years ago and try to blood their youth properly because with some of the players they have let go they could be unstoppable at the minute

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I think, similar to Salah, that unfortunately they joined Chelsea at a time when they were buying up stars left right and centre, and they needed regular game time to work out the flaws in their games and become a finished article.

When De Bruyne was at Chelsea they had Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Malouda, Ramires and Benayoun who could all play in his position ahead of him. Even Van Ginkel got a few games in ahead of him the season when KdB left.

Salah got 4 appearances the first year he was there but again had a wealth of talent in front of him and no real hope of playing for the first team at Chelsea.

I know they were dominating and wanting to win everything at the time when they had these two but it's a shame they didnt get hit with a ban 5/6 years ago and try to blood their youth properly because with some of the players they have let go they could be unstoppable at the minute

Jeez I forgot Salah was in the same boat. Mad.

22 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Pearson working his magic at Watford i see. They looked doomed until his arrival. 

Pearson to get sacked at the end of this season and Watford to win the Premier League next season? Worth a cheeky punt 🤠

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, White Band said:

Sounds like Eddie Howe might be thinking of walking.  Bournemouth will be screwed if he does.

I think it all depends on who's actually been spending the money there. Because if its Eddie they will be well shot - their transfer dealings since being promoted have by in large been absolutely woeful.

43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think it all depends on who's actually been spending the money there. Because if its Eddie they will be well shot - their transfer dealings since being promoted have by in large been absolutely woeful.

Well shot?  Of the manager who took them from League 2 to the Premier League and then kept them in there?  And people on here idolise Karanka for one promotion after being backed with millions, Jesus Christ!

I'd have Eddie Howe here in a nanosecond, no problem at all.

Sorry that was harsher than it was meant to be.  My incredulity would be directed at Bournemouth fans thinking along those lines rather than yourself.

Edited by Changing Times
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Well shot?  Of the manager who took them from League 2 to the Premier League and then kept them in there?  And people on here idolise Karanka for one promotion after being backed with millions, Jesus Christ!

I'd have Eddie Howe here in a nanosecond, no problem at all.

Sorry that was harsher than it was meant to be.  My incredulity would be directed at Bournemouth fans thinking along those lines rather than yourself.

Agreed, Eddie Howe is superb. But maybe he's just lost his mojo there and needs a break. Perhaps the team needs a break from him. Ferguson used to say that you had to keep evolving the team every 4 years or so otherwise it got stale. Thats what looks like is happening at Bournmouth. 

1 minute ago, boroie said:

Agreed, Eddie Howe is superb. But maybe he's just lost his mojo there and needs a break. Perhaps the team needs a break from him. Ferguson used to say that you had to keep evolving the team every 4 years or so otherwise it got stale. Thats what looks like is happening at Bournmouth. 

Yeah quite possibly although I also think it could just they've been punching above their weight and it's catching up with them.  Since promotion I believe they've finished on roughly the same amount of points each season regardless of what position they were and they always had a sizeable negative goal difference.  NB4 is right mind, they've made some terrible signings there but the overall job he's done has been incredible and he's been prepared to do it attempting to play decent football as well.  I wonder if that might be their undoing this season.