• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is great. Keep watching 'til the end.

What an idiot. Red is rescindet and he only gets a yellow. The comes on a immediatly gets into an argument and get's his second yellow before the ball is kicked. Whan an absolute moron. Bonus: Stuani scored in the match 🙂

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What an idiot. Red is rescindet and he only gets a yellow. The comes on a immediatly gets into an argument and get's his second yellow before the ball is kicked. Whan an absolute moron. Bonus: Stuani scored in the match 🙂

Amazing what a idiot and I do miss Stuani people use to complain he was abit rubbish apart from scored alot 😄

Weird thing is I don't even think the follow up is that bad. Obviously stupid for getting involved but it didn't look like a second yellow to me. Looked soft. Maybe they both said something terrible but it looked like they were both booked for lightly touching each other's heads.

Bochum vs Hamburg on BT tonight. Last time I watched them I thought both the Hamburg centre backs were really composed and looked very confident on the ball. 

Van Drongelen is 21 and looks a really good prospect, Letschert is the "senior" (26) of the two and is out of contract in the summer (hint,hint). Now that I've said this watch them both have absolute shockers.

I really can’t see why they’d go from Hamburg with 50k+ in attendances, a huge and brilliant city and promotion battles to go to a mid table championship team. I think they are going up this year 🙂 but I suppose weirder things have happened. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I really can’t see why they’d go from Hamburg with 50k+ in attendances, a huge and brilliant city and promotion battles to go to a mid table championship team. I think they are going up this year 🙂 but I suppose weirder things have happened. 

Plus they have the Reeperbahn (Mile of sin) in Hamburg

11 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

I visited Hamburg on a work training trip and the company put me up in a Hotel right at the top end of the Reeperbahn.

I can't say I was much interested in the culture of Hamburg at the time (beyond the football teams nearby, I got myself a St. Pauli shirt before I left). But I did leave the hotel early evening one day and go for a walk down the Reeperbahn. I got approached a few times before I started to figure out what was going on. I went to cross the road and walk back up the other side before going back to the hotel and had my fears confirmed. A genuine McDonalds sat in the middle of 2 sex shops and McDonalds wasn't busier than either of them.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Borodane said:

I can't see it myself either, maybe my envy of their centre half options is clouding my judgement.
Although that said if they fail in getting promoted once again (They just missed out last year), I can certainly see some of their players either being pick up by bigger clubs or wanting a new challenge.
Also Hamburg have an average attendance of just under 50k 😉, so they would definitely prefer the 20k of the Riverside (for a bit of peace and quiet).

Grant Leadbitter has been given compassionate leave by Sunderland, Phil Parkinson has confirmed. The former Boro skipper was absent from the Sunderland squad that travelled to Portsmouth for a League One fixture at the weekend.

Sunderland boss Parkinson, speaking at his pre-match press conference at the Academy of Light today, revealed that the 34-year-old needed some time away from the game. He said: “Grant has got some personal issues at the moment and is going to have a few weeks away from the club. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-middlesbrough-skipper-grant-leadbitter-17701042

On 2/3/2020 at 11:12 PM, OldManGravz said:

It is said in the early 90's you had to walk the centre of the Reeperbahn for fear of being dragged in by the larger african ladies on show, so a friend tells me !!!

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, PompeySmog said:

It is said in the early 90's you had to walk the centre of the Reeperbahn for fear of being dragged in by the larger african ladies on show, so a friend tells me !!!

Reeperbahn isn't the worst though. You'll need to walk through Herbertstrasse 😉